Metal Polish

-

inkjunkie

Reaction score
Not for cars, but hand guns. In particular, the leading edge of the cylinder of a revolver. Wondering what to use?? All of my revolvers have burned in powder residue and a small amount of lead also. I was told to use Fritz (?) at least I think that is what it was. A couple of them are titanium, and I am concerned with what any sort of abravise will do to it, or am I just being paranoid?? Anybody got any opinions or advice??? Would like to have them all cleaned up over the winter so I can take them and and scum them up again next spring:toothy10::toothy10:

I would also recommend Flitz. It works great on guitar strings too..

flitz.jpg

I'll second Simichrome. Never used Flitz, but it looks to be a little cheaper. Might have to give it a try when my supply runs out.

Summit carries Wenol. It works well.

Have been using autosol and this stuff works great.
[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Autosol-Classic-Metal-Polish-Paste/dp/B0019FE21I"]Amazon.com: Autosol 3.33 Oz Classic Metal Polish Paste: Everything Else@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/312L%2BP9uKfL.@@AMEPARAM@@312L%2BP9uKfL[/ame]

Oldschoolcuda

Eagle One Nevr-Dull! All the way baby! I bet my life on it. If it doesn't polish your handgun, I'll well, erm, do something.

I have a tube of Fritz, personally I dont like it, have had better luck with Mothers and one called Xstream.

Yeah have used the Mothers alum polish and worked great with less "elbow grease", really works great on dulled mag wheels using their Power Ball and an electric drill. Check their other polishes as they have one for metal/chrome as well.

For brass I usually use Brasso.Gives a real nice final clean for the cases. You might want to try something like Butches bore bright or similar if you have copper fouling.

I used Butches now, does a great job on the bore. The stuff I am talking about is on the front edge of the cylinder. I will post a picture when I am done clearing some trees off of our road.....

-
Back