Mexican Super Bee

-

Valleyant

Valleyant
Reaction score
Whats the recipe for the 318 used in the Mexican Super Bee's.....how did they get the 270HP rating. I am aware that they used the 360 later on but I am interested in the 318 for now. I am becoming more and more interested in these cars both A and F body variants...very cool cars! Thanks

Whats the recipe for the 318 used in the Mexican Super Bee's.....how did they get the 270HP rating. I am aware that they used the 360 later on but I am interested in the 318 for now. I am becoming more and more interested in these cars both A and F body variants...very cool cars! Thanks
I wonder it Mex. used net or gross hp rating???

I bet the F bodies groups in FB can tell you if no one here can. There are a couple guys there that know everythng about the F body.

My guess is gross HP

Four barrel.

Dual exhaust.

That's part of it.

Might be all of it if starting with "230".

Maybe the 340 cam? Just a guess. We have some members from that area that will know the answers if they see this.

Do you happen to know when emissions mediation was mandated in Mexico?

IIRC the "270" 318 goes back at least to 1971.
The earlier cars had no emissions at all. You can see by the pictures there is nothing.

Mexico never used the Lean Burn system either.

I haven't been into the engines of the Super Bees to answer your questions, sorry about that.

The super Bee today is very hard to find unmolested, so it might be hard to find out what they did from the factory.

Also, as I am sure you know, there is almost nothing online about Mexican cars so they stay a mystery.

I can help you get one though, if that is what you want.

Oooooooooooh. Now you have my attention, Sir.
I find the Mexican cars people want and secure them. I have a transport that can have the car delivered to your door, or close to it.

Original Super Bees are hard to find but if you are interested I will send you a private message here and we can discuss it.

Edit: I tried to send you a private message but it says your inbox is full.

Please send me a private message when you can.

Miguel

-
Back