Mickey Thompson Valve Covers

-

aprfct0

1969 Notch
Reaction score
I was wondering if anybody knows of any valve cover gaskets that actually seal the Mickey Thompson valve covers for a 318. I have tried three different ones and they all leak in the same places. Any advice would be helpful.

If all 3 leak in the same places, it could be the valve covers/heads. Valve covers could be bent in those areas.

I put cork ones on mine and they haven't leaked a drop

they hit the intake and you need to clearance them in two places on each cover....right where the intake runners are.

I've got two pairs of M/Ts for a small block with the intake mods already done that are almost ready to sell. If I had more energy tonight :-D, one set would be curing right now in Silk Satin Black (done tomorrow night though). The second pair will be coated in the Mopar wrinkle I use called Wetstone Black. All repairs have been done on both sets and the fins have been polished. Give me a call if you might want to upgrade from what you've got now.

Thanks for all the advice. I'll check them out to see if they are hitting.

Here's a link to the ones I was talking about earlier if you want to save a bunch of modifications and a paint job. (The second set of M/Ts are also now essentially finished as of late last night/very early this morning. I'll get some pics of them sometime today and add them in.)

-
Back