Midland Ross dual diaphragm Booster

-

hemi135

Reaction score
Hello, I have been looking for one of these for some time and I think I may have found it but my question is, I don't have 100% certainty this will bolt right up to my 72 Duster 340?

The seller advised this unit is off a 67 Dart. My research has found this unit was made from 65-72 for all Abodies. Will this 67 Dart brackets work for my 72 Duster. I am trying to bring my Duster back to original. I have the factory front Kelsey Hayes disc brakes. It will be sent to Booster Dewey for a rebuild. Your response is appreciated

Yep,same set up. Are they sure it's for disc brakes? The booster housings are the same and the difference is inside. The drum boosters have a single diaphram and disc have dual. The pic is of a disc diaphram

Attachments

• Picture 2332.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 273
I have found in my research the deeper booster (clearly evident) Midland Ross booster's were used on 72 Duster 340's with the 4 piston Kelsey Hayes disc brakes and many others. I just have a 72 Duster that's why inquiry is for the 72. I haven't seen a 72 without it originally but I don't have any hard evidence but looking at survivor type vehicles. Midland Ross made a less deep housing maybe used on power drum or different engines. Thanks for the internal booster photo.

What's the difference between the larger and smaller Midland boosters if they are both single diaphragm?

Sadly I don't have a pic of the drum booster insides yet. There is 1 at the yard I hit but we have had 16" of snow here in the past 2 days so I'm not in a rush to hit the yard. Many assume all of the Midland boosters are the same or universal or are disc only. I have killed some sales on my end and on others because of that. The only physical way to tell is to open it up,which isn't hard and takes under 10 minutes. I always take mine apart to check so I don't sell someone something they can't use.

Sadly I don't have a pic of the drum booster insides yet. There is 1 at the yard I hit but we have had 16" of snow here in the past 2 days so I'm not in a rush to hit the yard. Many assume all of the Midland boosters are the same or universal or are disc only. I have killed some sales on my end and on others because of that. The only physical way to tell is to open it up,which isn't hard and takes under 10 minutes. I always take mine apart to check so I don't sell someone something they can't use.

Considering I picked this one up for $50 for the complete setup, I couldn't go wrong pulling the trigger. When it gets here next week I will break it down and see what I have.

-
Back