Might be a rare find...?

-

QuintinMotorCompany

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I was looking on craigslist today and stumbled across a 1978 camaro and saw this in the background ... I just had to ask

He says it's a 1971.. He doesn't know much about it .. He says the PO told him it was a 440 4 speed car .. I asked him about the rear and he just said it has a big rear end .. Could be a Dana .. For all I know it could be a 318 car .. It will most likely end up as a parts car but if it is in fact a 440 4 speed car and it looks savable .. It may be a future project car .. We are going to look at it tomorrow night .. Wish us luck!

Attachments

• image-3256047638.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 692
  • image-2543650789.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 693
Hopefully it has a fender tag and you get a chance to decode it. And, stick your head under there and look at the rear. Danas are large..lol..
Dallas

Hard to tell but if that's the bulge hood it was probably the louver type. Dana would be correct for a 440 4 speed. Don't fall I love to much it's ruff.

Looks to be a flat hood (71 hoods had cowl vents at the back of the hood and that does not appear on this hood). Also the shape of the hole does not match the R/T hood cutout. Last, if it was a 440 R/T (only way to get bulged louvered hood), the car would have louvered doors (two vertical notches).

Looks to be a flat hood (71 hoods had cowl vents at the back of the hood and that does not appear on this hood). Also the shape of the hole does not match the R/T hood cutout. Last, if it was a 440 R/T (only way to get bulged louvered hood), the car would have louvered doors (two vertical notches).

Yes .. I think I've determined it not to be a rt because of the doors .. Could be a superbee

Just looking over the pics. I would guess a 71 318 car. Someone added rallye wheels with 70 style centers and seats out of a 73-74 B body. Probably replaced a bench seat. Also look to see if the car has the standard dash cluster. That is easy to spot and will tell real quick.

Just looking over the pics. I would guess a 71 318 car. Someone added rallye wheels with 70 style centers and seats out of a 73-74 B body. Probably replaced a bench seat. Also look to see if the car has the standard dash cluster. That is easy to spot and will tell real quick.

I guess we will see tomorrow

It's definitely a 71 because of the fender marker lights

I swear I seen a car IDENTICAL to that for sale here in BC a couple years back. The same rusty yellow, the same hood with the middle missing, etc.

I swear I seen a car IDENTICAL to that for sale here in BC a couple years back. The same rusty yellow, the same hood with the middle missing, etc.

maybe its not that rare then #-o

reminds me of a friends 71 that had ALREADY rusted to pieces way back in 1990?????? wasn't even savable back then! LOL i'd look and just hope for a dana and crusher price maybe?????

Lots of surface rust but I don't see any holes. Looks like someone started to sand it down, gave up and put it outside with bare metal. Floors and rails may still be good. Could be saveable. Keep us posted.

Well that didn't turn out like we thought... First thing when we got there was car had no wheels on it and no grille,tailights ect. It has a 8 1/4 in it and No fender or vin tag... And its a total junk.. we did manage to snag up some parts.. Pair of buckets and all the rally wheels... Do you guys need anything?

Also he motioned there was a guy down the road from him with a whole bunch of challengers and parts... We drove down the road to find 2 CUDAS .. One being a 1972 and one a 1973... We gave him our number as he said he was going to start selling stuff on craigslist.. So overall not a horrible night.

-
Back