might be going in the A-Body direction: thoughts on this?

-
The term "restored" is used very loosely I'd say....it looks like a really nice car, but it's not what I'd consider a correct restoration

That's a bit Steep. - There's lots of Nice A-Bodies, out there, for a lot less. -- Take Your time, and look around.

Nice car! Not a $37k or appraised $45k to me.

Also, I ran across a book yesterday at Barnes & Nobles bookstore called something like Collector's Car Guide 2016. I took some pictures of the pages in the book for mainly A-body values for popular years ranging from 67 - 76 and it says that car's setup in excellent condition #1 is valued at $32k. The higher the number at the top of the page is for the worst the car shape is. #2 = great shape with minor wear showing, #3 = fair shape needs minor work, #4 = needs mechanical and body work, #5 = restorable car needing total restoration, and #6 = parts car value. Hope that gives you a negotiating point to strive for.

Also, you have to consider it's a dealer selling it so they are trying to make as much commission off of it as possible. So a trick they do is say its worth more to hopefully catch those who want a car, but won't research before buying.

IMG_8491.JPG

Beautiful car, but lol, what are "restored dogfish wheels" ?

Nice car! Not a $37k or appraised $45k to me.

Also, I ran across a book yesterday at Barnes & Nobles bookstore called something like Collector's Car Guide 2016. I took some pictures of the pages in the book for mainly A-body values for popular years ranging from 67 - 76 and it says that car's setup in excellent condition #1 is valued at $32k. The higher the number at the top of the page is for the worst the car shape is. #2 = great shape with minor wear showing, #3 = fair shape needs minor work, #4 = needs mechanical and body work, #5 = restorable car needing total restoration, and #6 = parts car value. Hope that gives you a negotiating point to strive for.

View attachment 1715005883
Thanks Matt...those prices are a lil light IMHO, the dart aside, look at the #1 price for a 68 Coronet Hardtop is only valued at $17,500 ? That's easily a 22-25k car conservative.

i usually find Hagerty Valuation Tools to be quite accurate for current values.
  • # 2 Excellent $30,700
  • #2 vehicles could win a local or regional show. They can be former #1 vehicles that have been driven or have aged. Seasoned observers will have to look closely for flaws, but will be able to find some not seen by the general public. The paint, chrome, glass and finishes will all appear as excellent. No excessive smoke will be seen on startup, no unusual noises will emanate from the engine. The vehicle will drive as a new vehicle of its era would. The one word description for #2 vehicles is "excellent."
  • #3 Good $21,200
    #3 vehicles could possess some, but not all of the issues of a #4 vehicle, but they will be balanced by other factors such as a fresh paint job or a new, correct interior where applicable. #3 vehicles drive and run well, but might have some incorrect parts. These vehicles are not used for daily transportation but are ready for a long tour without excuses, and the casual passerby will not find any visual flaws. "Good" is the one word description of a #3 vehicle.
I would like to see the fender tag and the build sheet .
assuming none, not advertised and none shown in the engine bay.

-
Back