Might have to sell the GTX

-

plum crazy dart

Reaction score
Got laid off from a good job after being there 18 yrs. Out of work for over a yr. Finely had to take a job for $14 an hr. but at least I have health insurance now. Working outside in the weather from 10am to 9pm is pretty tough for this out of shape 55+ yr. old. Still looking for something better. Pretty hard to pay mortgage and semi support a teen on that pay. Any extra $$ in the bank has slowly been going to keep afloat. I'm afraid I won't get through the winter before I run out, and don't want to have to try and sell it in the winter. My DD rusted out and was ready to break in half. Tried to sell my bike for a new DD ended up trading for a nice 04' F-150 one owner with 57k mi on it. I'm hoping I can get enough for it to put money in the bank and get a lower quality driver. Wish me luck, Thanks. I know things could be a lot worse. My son's GF's father was just killed when he got hit on his bike by a 21 yr. old girl.

Brutal.

Just keep looking, even if it's not in your field. You'll catch a break as soon as you can find something indoors, even if it means the same pay rate. Something else you may consider, although I don't know what kind of experience you have with cars, but doing something related for supplementary income for the time being might help fill the gap.

Selling cars off is one thing, but if you have parts, that's one way to let your computer work for you, while you're at your job. A lot of people are on eBay, looking for stuff. If you know where to get it, I know a few people who parted cars out for extra cash, aside from doing bodywork and paint.

I'm keepimg my fingers crossed for ya! That GTX is one hell of a fine looking car. My favourite colour too.

Good luck in whatever you decide to do!

Keep your head up. Hopefully things will change for the better soon.

I'm also praying that you will find something that fits your needs and allows you some satisfaction and allows you to keep the car!! I also hope that if you do sell it that your teen takes a lesson that Dad is doing what he has to do for his family, and to be proud of you for sacrificing something you love for something you love more!! Good luck and be patient, 55 ain't too old to show the world how its done...and done right!! Geof

I don't know what you did, do now, or can do, but here in the Bakken if you have a pulse ou will get hired, and if you have brains it won't be long before you can make 6 figures. Everything from oil rig work, to construction, truck driving, etc... It is a pretty rural area so most of the workers here are transplants from all over the United States.

Prayers being sent out for you and your family that is clearly in need plum crazy dart :prayer:
Having insurance is a big plus as you said, but having a mortgage, car insurance
electric bills coming in every month along with school starting and all ells that is needed to make it threw a month with no other income coming in has got to be
tough and hard to do living where you are, I think the cost of everything is much higher there then where I live :dontknow: , but I believe it is.
I know where I live if you have a skill that is needed in other area's (companies) even at 55 it is hard to compete against the younger skilled competition :-(
Here is a prayer being sent your way this morning that a co. want's and need your skill asap with the pay grade needed for your family to grow and move forward threw Jesus name I pray.........

X2 on what our member cosgig has said, I don't know how old your teen is, but during some slow times my son's seen me do the same to make sure they had what they needed to grow while my wife and I did with out and they was old enough to remember these days and it went a long way building there caricature and keeping them wise as they move forward in life.

X2 on what our member DaveBonds said, this is what my wife did and she enjoyed a 9 month stent staying home flipping things on the computer, I was amazed at what she brought in to the home and turned into income.

Stay safe out there and keep your head held high, something will come in to your life as you are butting in hard work out in the elements.

keep us posted plum crazy dart :coffee2:

Thanks guys. Went to motor vehicle dept yesterday to transfer DD plates to the truck F'in $460. for sales tax and title. They figure sales tax on book value, doesn't matter how much you actually paid. I hate this state

-
Back