might sell my 71 dart.. need help

-

1971dodgedart/6

Reaction score
its definatly a mid project car, it has no drivers quarter panel, has a slightly rust passenger side quarter. other than that the floorpans are solid steel, repaired steel drivers wheelhouse, i have new carpet, freshly painted dash and nice dashpad. i have a ton of parts, i shortblock 360 .030 over that hasnt even left the machine shop yet, an a833 4 speed, disk brake setup for the front, brand new tuff wheel in it, solid bench seats that need covers and more, im just out of cash and loosing hope of ever getting it done. how much is this pile of car parts and the car worth to anyone? im taking all suggestions. i found a 76 aspen wagon with a hot rod drivetrain 360/727/8-3/4 for $2700 thats got my eye.. i wish i could just find a car thats at least together, ive been dragging *** scince i was 15 with this car

jumping projects suck stick with one remember the dart you have you can get plenty of parts for a volare/aspen wagon little to no parts

I too learned the hard way. I would buy every project car I could get my hands on cheap and then never bought any real parts for it. Get rid of the other cars, put that money into one. Keep your daily driver and forget the rest. The older you get, the more you realize this is the way to get things done.
I feel the same way, losing motivation sometimes. But when you get passed a few hurdles (like getting the quarters put on), the motivation kicks back in.

okay i ordered the full quarter and the rest of the parts i need to hopefully put a drivetrain together, hopefully that will help me get going again. thanks guys

keep it simple, you have that car all apart, it can be a bit overwhelming. as it sits, its really not worth much. try to work on some projects you can complete, then move on to the next area. take care of the rust repair, thats the most depressing part. oh yeah, stop taking **** apart!
get the other car running yet?

keep it simple, you have that car all apart, it can be a bit overwhelming. as it sits, its really not worth much. try to work on some projects you can complete, then move on to the next area. take care of the rust repair, thats the most depressing part. oh yeah, stop taking **** apart!
get the other car running yet?
yea that was the biggest mistake i made taking it all apart. i got the quarter panel in today, im ready to just take the race car route and say hell with all the other small areas that need attention. but no i havent, i dont get it its got nice spark now but its just not firing.. i was turning it a few times and the battery died the other day so ive had it on the charge. i might try it again today i just feel like something is wrong

-
Back