Mikel Becks Heads

-
Mikel,
Why is it idleing so high? Do you have your foot on the pedal? If not then the engine still sounds lean as this will create a high idle. Try turning the idle air screws out to bring the idle down, if this helps and the idle comes down then go up 3 more jet sizes and readjust the idle air screws. They should be 1 to 1 1/2 turns out when jetted right.

According to holley the air bleeds are 75 and 32 in your carb so your fine right there.

You can also set the carb with a vacuum gauage, hook the gauage to a intake port vacuum nipple and adjust to the highest point of vacuum. Theres 2 points of high vacuum, the first is when you have the idle screws turned in and it reaches high vacuum as you come out with the screws. This puts the engine at it's leanest point for what the engine likes, the next is for power, as you keep comming out with the idle screws the vacuum will fall and then when you screw the mixture screws back in the vacuum will peak again, and generally further out than where you were from the first peak. This is the rich side of the mixture and will make more power, this also will help to keep the stumble out of the engine when cold. This method can only be seen with a vacuum gauage because it can't be heard. When this is done you'll hear a change in the engines sound, it should get healthier and deeper sounding.

Oh ok, I knew there had to be a reason. Sounds good, bet ya can't wait to get to the track.

Oh ok, I knew there had to be a reason. Sounds good, bet ya can't wait to get to the track.

Sure can't!

After listening to it again today I realized that I should've have the camera at the back of the car, it doesn't sound nearly as good as it does in person.

I'm sure as pics. and videos don't usually do justice, but it's the smiles to the mile that count anyway.:cheers:

OK, Tracks are getting this way. But would be nice just to hear. For the love of open hedders.

I'm going to Island tomorrow for some T&T. I'll ya know how it goes...

sorry to hear that...that really SUCKS!!! any BIG changes now?? stroker,bigger cam,more comp.,etc??

Nope, just cleaning it up and putting it back together. Not enough money or time to build a stroker.

-
Back