Mike's Dart

-
looking real good. i hope you find your motor soon and congrats on the new family member.

Looks really good Mike!
How much tire clearance do you have in the front? They look kinda tight around the wheel opening.

I had to clearance the bottom front section of the opening about 1/8 of an inch with a pair of tin snips. The inside edge of each tire would rub only when I backed up and turned all the way. Other than that, no problems.

Not a whole lot more to report but I did get the new sway bar on the front.

100_0642.jpg

100_0643.jpg

100_0644.jpg

100_0647.jpg

Hey that really looks great !!!
I'm following this pretty close as I'm about to do the same with My suspension front and rear on My 72 Dart.Just waiting on axles...
Will be using the same type wheels though I'm thinking of going with no hub- caps and chrome lug nuts for that nascar kinda look also I'm using XHD springs rather than the SS ones.

That's one super clean Dart My friend.

thanks guys. I would recommend to anyone to put a sway bar on their car. I t made a drastic improvement with the way it handles-stays much flatter in the turns.

Jo, one suggestion, I already have the 3 inch studs on the rear of my dart and looking at it today I'm thinking of pressing in some 2 1/2's for the front to kind of match the back. I went with the SS springs and flipped the front spring hangers and it sits almost dead level in the back. I figured the pass side would be jacked up a little but it wasnt.

Heres a shot without the caps- I like it much better. I dont think there is enough silver on the car to really look good to me.

100_0606.jpg

100_0609.jpg

Well, I got to playing around with some things today after work. I got the tach mounted under the dash and I wanted to see how the tail lights would look blacked out. Just taped them off and sprayed them with some semi-flat black. I think it looks a little better in person but the pics will give you and idea. Let me know what you think.

100_0666.jpg

100_0668.jpg

100_0667.jpg

100_0665.jpg

Looks good ! You know how much that steering wheel is worth ? I sold mine to an ebody guy, bought a new grant tuff wheel and cap and stioll had $100 left over and my wheel was no were near as nice as that one.

There is a guy in town with a 73 chally that wants it in the worst kind of way! I'm trying to see if there is anything he has he could trade for it. I need a sure grip center section!!

Your Dart is exactly like mine. Except mine is in stage 1 of tear down and restore. Mine has rust in the quarters, but overall in pretty good shape.
I'd post pics, but I haven't figured out how yet.
I have a question about the upper control arms you painted. Did you remove them? I've been trying for a while and can't get the rust to let go of the bolt.

Hey,
I am new to this forum, but that is one nice looking Dart you got there 71DartGuy!! :) I almost thought you took mine out of my garage at first glance... LOL until I saw how much nicer yours is. Keep up the aweseome work on it though.

Here is mine:
/n

I like the tail lights. I am thinking of doing the same to mine. My car is going to be Plum crazy and black. with just w touch of chrome like door handles and trim. Great going and keep posting them pics.

Mike, the car looks FANTASTIC! I vote to leave the hubcaps off and show odd his nuts! Looks tough with the long studs.
Man, I wish my Dart had a vinyl top!
Keep up the great work, and congratulations on the new baby in July.

George

Well, I picked up a 5.9 magnum and a set of rebuilt magnum heads for $250 the other day and started the teardown. Hopefully it will be going to the machine shop in the next couple of weeks or so. Just a few pics to keep the thread alive!!

Engine 001.jpg

Engine 002.jpg

Engine 003.jpg

Engine 004.jpg

the magnum has been stripped down and cataloged. I'm waiting to sell a couple things so I can take it to the machine shop to have all that done. Hopefully in the next month or so. I'm getting crazy not working on it. The new baby is doing great, I think shes about ready to start crawling. I'll have to be sure to meet up with you at some cruise ins this year. There are some good ones around here.

i want to do that to my tail lights . tack looks good but for me it would be hard to see , i have mine mounted on the a piller eazy to see but car looks realy good

Thanks! The tach is a little hard to see but I didnt want it visible to people "on the outside"!

Well, just a slight change of direction. Pushrod sold me a 383 he had laying around so it looks like I'm going big block! Cleaned it up this weekend and got it sprayed with some fresh black paint. Looks like its .060 over with Hughes 2050 pistons and a Crane 278 cam. Freshly rebuilt 452 heads too. I'm gonna go with a .020 head gasket to help get the compression up a bit seeing that the pistons are sitting about .030 down. I am still hoping for 400 horse but we'll see what happens. I'm planning on going with an M1 intake and some tri-Y headers to top it off. I;ll get some pics up this week to keep yall interested! Right now I've got a lot of painting and cleaning to do.

-
Back