Milan Dragway has gone to NHRA

-

jysnflem

Reaction score
Milan has opening day tomorrow and I see they are a NHRA track now. Anyone from Michigan have plans to go out soon? Jayson

I plan on going to Milan this year. I am kinda bummed about the NHRA thing.

I had plans on going 11.50's or better this year but, I will be stuck at 12.00 since I do not want to put a cage in my street car.

I hear that tech is going be much tighter on letting things through that the IHRA would allow.

Several of the local guys are not very happy about the short time that they have to get their cars to comply with NHRA rules.

Over all I think it will be better for the track but, more expense for the racers.

I was thinking about going out there and making a bunch of real low 12 passes and at the end of the day tearing off a pass in the 11's then spending the rest of the year going to Norwalk :) If I have to race NHRA might as well go to the nicer of the two tracks.

I am really missing Detroit Dragway these days. was a fun place to run!

NHRA allows 11.50s without a roll bar. They changed it a couple of years ago.

NHRA tracks seem to want to SELL their corporate sponsers parts. Summit Racing, Jegs, etc. They say it's all about safety. New belts every two years, etc ,etc,. I do believe that you need a reasonable tech inspection. The cars should be safe for the racers and the fans. But when you add up fire suit , shoes, helmet, roll cage, etc. you eliminate the shade tree racer. We don't all own Race car fab shops or have coporate sponsers. That is why PINKS is so popular. Maybe we should support only IHRA tracks. Every year there are new rules to keep you spending at Summit and Jegs. Sorry, just venting ..........................

-
Back