Military GMTK?

-

camd64

Remember Landy
Reaction score
Question for you military guys and gals out there, does anyone know why the GMTK's cost so much? Are the tools in these kits different from what is sold in the stores? I was looking at buying a good mobile tool setup since lately I have been doing quite a few vehicle repairs at peoples homes or on the road and came across a number of sites listing these kits. I see the kits are farmed out from a few different suppliers like Craftsman, Crescent, S&K, etc. and they come with those great Pelican cases but why the heck the huge price tag?

Just came back from Kuwait working as a Army contractor the latest sets are made by Armstrong I think they are the parent company of some of the others. Tools are good but yea pricey we ran the NSN on the boxes we got I don't recall the price but I felt like the goverment over paid for them.

Brian

Just came back from Kuwait working as a Army contractor the latest sets are made by Armstrong I think they are the parent company of some of the others. Tools are good but yea pricey we ran the NSN on the boxes we got I don't recall the price but I felt like the goverment over paid for them.

Brian

Yeah when I looked around the cheapest I found was $1,200! I thought holy crap are they gold plated and diamond encrusted! I knew because of the case they would be a bit pricey but I like how everything is snug in its place, watertight and its everything you need for most jobs. Made me wonder if the mil. spec. stuff is any different. Johnny.

-
Back