Milodon 7qt in a 68 cuda?

-

dmaccons

Reaction score
I have a 68 cuda that I am putting a 408 stroker into and I have heard that if I am using the Milodon 7qt pan I may have to cut notches in the K-Frame to make it fit.Just wondering if anyone has had experience with this setup and if you would have any pics of the mod to the K-frame.
thanks,Doug

Go with the milodon road race oil pan. It holds 6 quarts and sits about the I member (unlike the other pans). It is design to fit the contours the k frame.

I have the Milodon 7 quart low profile pan on my 410, I had to cut about a 1"x1" notch out of the passenger side of the K-frame. I also used solid mounts to make sure the engine didn't move.

thanks guys,
i was hoping I would not have to do any extreme cutting to make it fit.If it is just a little notch that will make things much easier.Gotta like the wealth of knowledge on this site!!!

You can see the notch I cut out of the K-Frame just under the spool mount in the image below.

082503-K-Frame_Notch-2.jpg

i only had to notch mine about
a half incn in one spot.it's no big deal. nice
drainbacks on your pan louis.
e

We set the motor on the kframe today to check it out and it actually clears the kframe with about 1/8 of an inch.

Just a little 1/2 inch notch is all it will require.A little job for me and the die grinder in the morning.

The reason I notched this pan is I notched the K Frame on my 70 Dart last time and I had to notch it really deep, way past the lip into the rounded area. I had to weld on the pan for my Turbo Drain backs so I figured just notch the pan while I am there.

Nice job on cutting the pan back. We also notched about 1/8" but we had to bad pans shipped to us that leaked from milodon. The third one has been in the car a few years and also has had a small leak since new at the front right seam. Staying that way until it has to come back out. Then it will be welded up.

-
Back