Milodon Oil Pickup ?

-

'64 Cuda

Reaction score
Has anybody here ever used the Milodon 18650 oil pump pickup tube? It's designed to work with a stock style small block center sump oil pan. I'm trying to find out if it's a less restrictive tube than the stock tube. Summit shows a pic that looks good but says that it's just a representation & the actual part may vary. Jegs shows a picture that looks exactly like a stock tube. Milodon's site doesn't show a pic of the actual part but here's what the site says about their oil pump pickups...

•Engineered for maximum flow and long term durability, even in the most extreme applications.
•Precision bent, thick wall tubing, of a larger than stock inside diameter.
•Heli-arc welded to aircraft specs.
•Milodon's exclusive high flow, compact design.
•Milodon's exclusive pick-up clearance foot assures proper flow.
•Engineered to work perfectly in the listed pan and application.

Can anybody clue me in on this? :dontknow:

I have one on my 318 and it is a better piece. Cleaner bends and the end that screws in is thicker. I tried to see if I had a pic from when I built the motor but no luck. I don't remember the id being that much thicker but it is a quality piece.

Aftermarket. The foot looks like the one in the pic and the tube is thicker with the ends welded.

First pic is from Jegs, second is from Summit. Sounds more like the Summit pic than the Jegs pic. That's kinda' what I was hoping. Just seemed like a better way to go & worth the few extra bucks.

Attachments

• 697-18650-Jegs.jpg
    9.9 KB · Views: 107
  • MIL-18660_XG-Summit.jpg
    7.4 KB · Views: 99
I got one on my 360 and it is like the one summit shows. One thing you need to do before you install it is to check the inside at the end where it screws into the oil pump for weld blow through. The last Milodon pickup I used was nearly half way closed off. Apparently their quality control isn't what it used to be.

-
Back