mini starter

-

sorewrist1

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
will a small block magnum mini starter fit a early 70's 360? thanks Jim

yes for sure. theres 2 different versions (in O.E. land) depending on how the field coil is clocked to the nose cone, and the wire connector adapter. smallblocks it doesnt matter, big blocks yes. the most common one will fit big blocks but the wire connector adapter will interfere with the freeze plug bore in the block, a little grind here and there and lifes good.

Sure will... Got one on my 69 Swinger with a 340 in order to fit my headers.

Check out any Magnum 5.2/5.9 starter Snake.My 727 is a 69 case,matched to a 00 Magnum 5.9.Once you install one with headers, you'll smile.

I know for a fact that a 94 dodge van bolts directly to an 4-speed bellhousing in a 73 duster.

I bet a parts counter guy that the nippon denso would fit my LA 318. He said no way,so I said go get both of em..Well did he ever look dumbfounded! "but it says in my computer that thier not compatible". Welcome to the age where we now have tecnology thats smarter than most people.

classic one- when 94+ voltage regulators fail within the ECM, i send them to a local shop that has transpo regulators for 27 bucks that turn the nippy units into essentially a 1 wire, internally mounted, and regulated, but i see my coworker try to talk people into whole new ecm's all the time, because "thats all the computer shows".....and thats about the time i chime in and save the customer 350+ dollars....mind you this guys a "mechanic"....more like a parts hanger....

I have a 96 Dakota starter on my 68 Dart with 360 4-speed. works like a charm!

Thanks for the Info here! I did not know this.
So I will be off to the wreckers in the next couple off
weeks (I was going to buy new).

Darryl

-
Back