mini tub axle width

-

Schweppes

Reaction score
Hi all, I'm going to a dana 60 for my 340 dart drag project. What axle widths are you guys using for a body with mini tubs? Thanks guys

Length of the axles depends on the housing length. Are you going to shorten the housing? Most do when mini tubbing. Otherwise you are going to have a hard time putting the wider tires on it because you will need to have a radical Back Space.

Yes I'm going have the housing shortened. What is the biggest tire guys have been using with mini tubs and back spacing?

I figured mine out with a tape measure, just because a width worked for other people doesn't mean it's right for you.

There are variables , take the measurement after welding in the spring boxes

Get the whels and tires you want to run and measure for total axle length. Go from there.

Yes I'm going have the housing shortened. What is the biggest tire guys have been using with mini tubs and back spacing?

On my 73 Scamp I have 15x12's with a 4.5" Backspace. 315/60/15 Drag Radial
Face of Drum to Face of Drum the total width is 50.25" The wheel lip is trimmed on it in addition to the mini tub.

On my 67 Dart I have 15x10's with 5.5 Backspace. 325/50/15's Drag Radial
Rotor Hat to Rotor Hat the total width is 52.5". This one the factory wheel lip is un touched with the trim still around the wheel well.

For housing length you would subtract 5.5" Total. 1/4" for rotors and 2.5" per side for brake stand out.

-
Back