mini tub while quarters off.

-

littleman66

Reaction score
so i have been get lots of progress done in the past little while...

i am close to putting the quarter panels on,

but my question is should i mini-tub while the quarters are off? taking a long look at my car and it doesnt look like a walk in the park to mini-tub it.

the plans are a 4 speed 408 stroker...so i dont think just inboarding the springs and cal-tracs will do.

are there any good write up other then bigblockdarts tech page?

We hook with a 28x9 using the caltrac and their mono spring 10.88 1/4 6.88 1/8 and a 1.49 60 ft. 500 hp. 500 tq. 414 stroker smallblock w W2 heads. Nick

NMC_ru_Pickerell_jpg.jpg

By mini-tubbing do you mean stretching the factory wheelhouses 3 inches or going with aftermarket tubs?
If your using the factory one's it would be easier with the qtrs. off it will give you more room to work.
I'm going the aftermarket route since my wheelhouses were all rotted,this is probably a little more than you want to get into.
208709744.jpg

208709744.jpg

EvilScamp said:
By mini-tubbing do you mean stretching the factory wheelhouses 3 inches or going with aftermarket tubs?
If your using the factory one's it would be easier with the qtrs. off it will give you more room to work.
I'm going the aftermarket route since my wheelhouses were all rotted,this is probably a little more than you want to get into.
208709744.jpg

nice work. but this is a tame build im doing. first build or any sort

so you guys figure using mono leafs/cal tracs and inboarding would do the trick?

208709744.jpg

If your mini-tubbing your not gonna gain anything without moving the springs in.
I'm not sure yet what i'm gonna use for springs,probably end up using super-stock springs.

7172 duster said:
Just dont mix caltrac and superstock you will have a monster

haha yeah i know....heard it many, many times.

but it seriously doesnt make much sence. these superstock springs must work pretty neat

-
Back