Minnesota Newbie

-

67CudaBob

Reaction score
What a great website - especially for a guy who had 25 years in as an Oldsmobile guy! I have trolled a couple other Mopar sites, but this one seems to have the most helpful members. And, the truth is, I was always a closet Mopar guy at heart - who couldn't be after seeing Bullitt as a kid (I know the Mustang won, but that Charger was the star of that movie in my eyes) The Dukes of Hazzard didn't hurt either.

A couple years back, I picked up a 1967 Barracuda Fastback, which was very quick, and very fun, and was my transition car to get the Mopar blood in me circulating.
View attachment Cuda in Driveway - small.jpg

Last week, I sold the Cuda in favor of a convertible, and in a couple of weeks I will have my 1967 Dart GT Convertible delivered. The car is stock, except for a color change and added dual exhaust. It is equipped with the 273 - 2 barrell, automatic on the console. The biggest drawback is the wheel set up - as it is set up with 13" 4-lug rims all around.
View attachment Dart_right_front-small.jpg

In time, I am going to be seeking some help from the folks who make this site what it is. My goal is to have a quality, respectable, street driver, as I am not a show car guy at all. I will look to convert the car over to 14" disks, and either an 8-1/4 or 8-3/4 sure grip rear, and either pep up the 273, or potentially seek a replacement. My preference as of now, would be to pep up the 273, but after driving the 360/380HP Cuda for a couple of years, I can see myself looking for a little more than the 273 will offer. (though some in the know tell me that a properly built 273 would really surprise me).

Thanks for the site, and in advance for all the help.

Welcome to the forum, Bob! Beautiful cars!! BTW, it's 5-lug but small pattern and nearly impossible to find wheels for. You'll wanna go to BBP (big bolt pattern) probably, then you'll have a great selection of wheels. Good luck!

Welcome Bob!!! Two beautiful cars you've had your hands on. I'm sure you will love the Dart. :D

Welcome from Inver Grove Heights!

From one Bob in MN to another, welcome aboard. Love the '67 Cuda. Also, digging the new rag top.

And welcome from another Twin Cities guy~. Bob(s), I would love to see your cars and meet up. The heat is always on and the beer fridge always stocked in my garage!

Attachments

• IMG_20131111_215808_024.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 120
  • IMG_20131111_202105_185.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 126
Thanks to all of you - I am getting pretty jacked to get that car back here (just in time to tuck it in storage......) We better not have a late spring again next year.

Welcome to the forum, Bob! Beautiful cars!! BTW, it's 5-lug but small pattern and nearly impossible to find wheels for. You'll wanna go to BBP (big bolt pattern) probably, then you'll have a great selection of wheels. Good luck!

I thought it odd, but the owner swears they are 4-lug. I fly out to see the car in person on Sunday and will pop a hubcap - the curiousity is killing me. Either way - the 13's will be coming off as soon as I can muster up enough to do the change over.

Welcome to the site, what part of Colorado was this car in? Looks like a good one.

Just back back from Denver, and indeed it was 5-lug. The car was in Littleton, just SW of Denver. Lifelong Colorado car, and very clean - not the way we were used to finding them here in MN!! The people I bought it from have owned it for 36 years, and had all their receipts.

Side note, it is slow as hell - a complete 180 coming off my Cuda. But these things can be worked with :)

-
Back