Mirror Delete Plate Gasket?

-

SSing

Reaction score
Interesting to see what the gasket looks like. If there was one...
Someone here have one on his/hers production car to show.
Late sixties or so. But guess they were all the same.
Would be great if you took the time.
Pic for your attention.
Thank you.
20200720 MDP Gasket .jpg

Last edited:
Wouldn’t it just be a gasket for a regular mirror?

also, every car I stripped that was mirror delete just did not have the holes in the door at all. 40 years playing in this hobby and never came across a plate like that. Interesting. Show more pics please.
Syleng1

Wouldn’t it just be a gasket for a regular mirror?

also, every car I stripped that was mirror delete just did not have the holes in the door at all. 40 years playing in this hobby and never came across a plate like that. Interesting. Show more pics please.
Syleng1

I was told an export cars (Finland) that had a left (I believe) front fender mirror, and had this type plate on the door.
2 3/4" long. # is 2860748
Thanks for responding.
20200720 MDP Nr..jpg

Last edited:
I was told an export cars (Finland) that had a left (I believe) front fender mirror, and had this type plate on the door.
2 3/4" long. # is 2860748
Thanks for responding.

That is wicked cool. thanks for the underside picture. I've never seen those before again thank you.
I forget the U.S. is the not the only place these cars were sold - sorry for my narrow minded view.
I again would assume the standard mirror gasket would work- or a closed cell black foam like 1/8" or 3.175mm thick-ish.
Trim to fit a slightly larger than base of plate for a proper look.

Same as the mirror gasket as stated. They were covers for the existing mirror holes. They didn't drill holes just to cover them up.

That is wicked cool. thanks for the underside picture. I've never seen those before again thank you.
I forget the U.S. is the not the only place these cars were sold - sorry for my narrow minded view.
I again would assume the standard mirror gasket would work- or a closed cell black foam like 1/8" or 3.175mm thick-ish.

No problem Syleng1...
Standard gasket is quite a bit larger and I´m picky with my build. So would be interesting to find out about this.
As for the ´68 SS Hemi A-Bodies, they had a door skin half the size thickness of a production skin. I believe hole was stamped rather than drilled. So in this case plate had to be used. Why a skin with no hole wasn´t used I have no idea.

See if someone else has something to add...
20200720 MDP compare.jpg

And this shows plate cover holes in door, needed for standard mirror.
Was there a gasket with the mirror delete plate?

20200720 MDP holes.jpg

So this guy sends me this picture, apparently taken from this Forum, showing this gasket...
Problem solved...

MDP Gasket.jpg

And this car had a factory mounted hitch, thus the F fender mounted mirror and plate on the door.
Also Mopars in England and South Africa had them, since right hand drive... Is what I have heard.

You might know when the Mirror Delete Plate first showed up on production cars... Mid sixties?

And just so you dont have to put any more effort into this, Pn for the Mirror Delete Plate Gasket is 2860749.
Thanks all and stay safe.

-
Back