Mirror identification

-

GunslingerFIN

Reaction score
Could you help me out identify this mirror? It's on -65 Valiant but I'd assume it's not an original since it's not a two post mirror. I have been looking at pictures of other old Mopar mirrors, but haven't found anything exactly like it so far. I'm looking to find a similar mirror to put on passengers side. Length of the base is just about 6" and diameter of the glass is 4.5".
mirror.jpg

Looks like you have an early GM fender mount mirror. Late 50's or early 60's Pontiac, Olds, Buick, Chevrolet, Cadillac Definitely a fender mount GM. With a hole someone drilled in to mount. I remember having to adjust my Dads while he sat in the car.

Last edited:
Don’t think is a MoPar mirror, from a different brand or probably an aftermarket one.

Replace with an original.
That was my first idea as well, but the base on Mopar mirrors are much, much shorter than the one I currently have. I'm afraid there can me marks or outline of the larger base visible if it's replaced by smaller one.

That was my first idea as well, but the base on Mopar mirrors are much, much shorter than the one I currently have. I'm afraid there can me marks or outline of the larger base visible if it's replaced by smaller one.
Them u may just have to be happy with what u got. Kim

Them u may just have to be happy with what u got. Kim
Yes, I'm perfectly happy also keeping this mirror on the drivers side. I'm just trying to figure out where that mirror came from, so I can try to source identical to put it on the passenger side.

Looks like you have an early GM fender mount mirror. Late 50's or early 60's Pontiac, Olds, Buick, Chevrolet, Cadillac Definitely a fender mount GM. With a hole someone drilled in to mount. I remember having to adjust my Dads while he sat in the car.
Yup, looks like you are correct! So far closest I have found are these Buick / Oldsmobile mirrors (looks like almost 1:1 to me) but they are out of stock :(

BO.jpg

-
Back