Misshapen '68-'69 Fastback Gasket?

-

BrendonAF

Reaction score
Hey FABO,

I'm looking for a little help with identifying if I have a bad gasket or i'm just plain doing something wrong! I bought this '68-'69 Fastback rear-glass gasket off of YearOne since I converted over to the '68-'69 chrome trim on my '67 Fastback.

No matter which way I look at it, there is this extra ridge of rubber that runs along the entire top portion of the gasket. All the other portions of the gasket appear to be fine, but this ridge extends far enough to cover up the trim when it gets installed.

Did I just get a lemon that I need to return, or is something else wrong here?

Thanks!

-Brendon

Attachments

• DSCN0706.JPG
    152.1 KB · Views: 103
Does that flap not go in against the headliner and cover the gap where it hooks to the teeth?

Yes I'm pretty sure it does but I have never used a repop , they are supposed to be all junk , nothing like spending a couple of hours with a gallon of laquer thinner and some coarse rags cleaning your old one lol .

More pictures of the gasket.
It kind looks like you might have the inside on the outside.
It should have a built in locking strip that should be on the outside which I don't see in your picture.

Yes the way you have it positioned in the photo it is inside out.Like previously stated the flap is to cover the head liner teeth even if it is a repop.

Thanks everyone! Makes sense now that i've taken a second look at it. For some reason it just seemed weird to have it flipped/positioned the other way.

I appreciate the pictures too NorShorBlueFish.

Regards,

Brendon

-
Back