missing after warmup

-

red cuda

Reaction score
my 318 sounds good when I fire it up. but after it warms up, it develops a miss. I have one of those dizzys, that eliminates a lot of the exterior ignition parts, all I have is the coil. here is a link to what I bought.[ame="http://www.ebay.com/itm/Small-Block-Mopar-Dodge-Chrysler-318-340-360-Complete-Electronic-Distributor-HEI-/380453707588?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item5894cedf44&vxp=mtr"]Small Block Mopar Dodge Chrysler 318 340 360 Complete Electronic Distributor Hei | eBay[/ame]

I am thinking of replacing some ground straps, they are not in the best of shape. Im not sure if this will help, but I was gonna do it anyway, also, I was considering installing the resistor back. to see if it will help. once it gets hot, and the missing starts, if I cut it off, it hard to get started again, meaning it spins easy, and tries to crank, but it wont.

Sounds like a good possibility that it is running too rich.
Got a lot of black in the tailpipe?

Of course there a quite a few other reasons it can miss after warmup that could be related to electrical issue's (distr or otherwise) but don't overlook this possibility.

yeah, its kind of a crappy dizzy. if your not careful, the canister pops off really easy. and the caps doesn't clamp on very tight.im considering buying a complete kit from proform, or pertronix. although I didn't want all the added exterior parts looming on the firewall,and inner fender. im running out of options.

[ame="http://www.ebay.com/itm/191224162599?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT"]Mopar 273 318 340 360 Red Small Cap Hei Distributor Coil Spark Plug Wires USA | eBay[/ame]

Not to hi-jack the thread... :/ but I am looking into this one too.

As for your miss. Since you are not happy with the quality of the dizzy, could it be a sloppy bearing issue? Is there much play at the shaft?

-
Back