Missing Fender Tag

-

jaimus

Old School ASE Gold
Reaction score
Any help would be appreciated,....The fender tag on the Spacer is missing, any ideas where or how I can get a replacement?,...makes It alot easier when registration and vehicle verification time comes around.

You can get a new one made but you need to have the build sheet to do it.

Thanx guys,...Gotta a buddy who is a DOT Cop,...said he'll come right up to the house for a VIN Verification,...No trip to DMV needed...Yay

"Trim tags" can make you a new one and there is no build sheet needed. just a picture or pencil rubbing of the vin tag.

how do they know what options to put on the tag with only a vin # ?

Good question,...I know when I call the stealership for parts,...they just want the last 8,...they can look up your car that way,....don't know if it will work on an older "pre computer" era car tho

you give them a list of the cars options and they know the codes, or you can tell them what to put on it. They have a form you doenload off their website, and you fill it out and send it in.

Wow if this was MOPARTS it would be 7 pages long by now and locked...
Quite refreshing!

you give them a list of the cars options and they know the codes, or you can tell them what to put on it. They have a form you doenload off their website, and you fill it out and send it in.

Thats nice. You can add some real nice options to you car and increase its value that way.

I think where a lot of folks get confused if this is legel is your car is registered by the vin tag, not the trim tag. It's perfectly legel to have a new one made.

As long as you font go adding option to increase the value then resell it stating that the tag and options are original.

I would bet money there are currently more highly optioned hemi cars out there, then were actually every built !!

I would bet money there are currently more highly optioned hemi cars out there, then were actually every built !!

there is absolutely no question about that, or limited to B Bodies .if you can fake a build sheet and have a phony trim tag made for you with the VIN number on it, there is really no way to disprove it without any other history or paperwork. and for the sake of argument, it is amazing how many low mile "barn find" 69 chargers keep surfacing...

or do i

Attachments

• Danielle drawing & pics 008.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 166
-
Back