Missing parts from Oreilly Auto, Grrrrrrr........

-

ValiantOne

Reaction score
I just ordered this clutch kit from Oreilly Auto:

http://www.oreillyauto.com/site/c/d...?ck=Search_k1506l-02_-1_750&keyword=k1506l-02

The box it came in had been opened was missing the throw out bearing and grease pack. Grease pack isn't a big deal but the throw out bearing is! The plastic wrap around the pressure plate had been torn open, and the alignment tool has scratches and dings in it. I'm sure someone bought this kit, tried to install it and returned it, sans a few parts.......

Called them, and sent pictures, and they're "working through it" Guess we'll see if they make it right. I just want to send it all back and get another kit coming.

This sure puts a damper on this weekends plans. Ah well, guess it could be worse......

LOL, you buy the cheapest clutch kit and expect quality.
I bet with that china pos you will be changing it in a couple of months.
If it even works after you put it in.....

Pay the money an buy a good McLeoid or Centerforce and be done with it.
And turn the flywheel while your are at it.

That's why sometimes it's best to get your parts face-to-face so you can inspect them before handing over any money...

LOL, you buy the cheapest clutch kit and expect quality.
I bet with that china pos you will be changing it in a couple of months.
If it even works after you put it in.....

Pay the money an buy a good McLeoid or Centerforce and be done with it.
And turn the flywheel while your are at it.

Yeah I expect they ship what they advertise.

I've had one of those clutch kits in my truck now for almost a year and it's flawless.

That's why sometimes it's best to get your parts face-to-face so you can inspect them before handing over any money...

Yeah I know. As this is a temporary situation I went w the cheapest alternative. The same clutch from our local stores was $30 higher. Not much I know but this clutch will end up in the dust bin in a year or so.

running on four years and average 20 miles a night with one of those kits ......works great. They are not Ape-proof but with normal driving they should last many years and many miles.

If the ad says it comes with certain items then it should very well contain those items.
They are really good about making it right, probably need to go to a store and talk to a manager.

-
Back