Mixed emotions

-

jkeck55

Reaction score
It will be a difficult week. I have not been making progress on my Duster and the storage costs are killing me. $100 a month. So I put the cars up for sale. It looks like I have a deal that will send my Dusters and all the parts I have accumulated including my side draft intake manifold. Swapping it all for a Harley sportster. I figure if I put away the money I have been spending on storage in a few years I can purchase a decent driver which is what I was hoping to end up with in cash sooner than I could have completed this car.

Your choice, but I hope you've thought it through. Theres zillions of Sportsters out there that can be had for pretty cheap, no so much with Dusters

Put a for sale add on here with pics.
Might be worth more than you think, sounds like
you have some cool parts.

Thanks. I did put an ad up on here with pics and got no response. I figure I will get about what I need from the sportster and will be able to get what I am really looking for soon enough.

Sucks to here you having to give up the Dusters earlier than you wanted too.....I'm a firm believer in "Everything happens for a reason".....Like you said, cutting this storage spot money hole will allow you to start squirreling away money to purchase a nice one later down the road. Its a tough decision, I have hard times parting, selling, or scraping cars...Sortof feel like I'm betraying them.....Sad you couldn't find a buddy with some room to store them instead of having to shell out money every month....Wish you the best of luck Sir.

Well I sold them to a guy that will be working on them so they will find new life. Which is important.

-
Back