1. CRUZE 418

CRUZE 418 FABO Gold Member FABO Gold Member

Local Time:
    8:10 AM
    This is a shout out, I don't need help. I installed the Gerstein Tubular frt. suspension and rear 4-link in my'69 Dart. My # 30936 Milodon oil pan interfered with the Rack&Pinion, the pan is 1/2" deeper in the front than a stock pan, they don't tell you that. The motor mounts can be loosened up, lift the engine, tighten.
    This will give you some room, but may cause other problems with header/ frame and brake line on the drivers side. Speeway offers an off set bushing for the Rack, approximately $30., it will give you 1/4" more room. In my case, with a little interference in other places, I still ended up adjusting the pan with a couple of whacks. With headers, and other aftermarket parts, be open minded, they will not always be happy together. This really had nothing to do with the Gerstein suspension, the oil pan was the real problem, it also caused problems in two other areas with the engine. This post is solely to let you know about the offset bushings. Happy with my suspension.

• Thanks! Thanks! x 1
    • cawcislo

cawcislo Well-Known Member

Local Time:
      9:10 AM
      any links to the Gershwin suspension. I’m not familiar with them.

• CRUZE 418

CRUZE 418 FABO Gold Member FABO Gold Member

Local Time:
      8:10 AM
      It's actually Gerst Tubular Suspension, I stand corrected. Sorry for the mistake.
      gerstsuspension@gmail.com

Carl Gerst
      319-759-9461

• cawcislo

cawcislo Well-Known Member

Local Time:
      9:10 AM
    1. This site uses cookies to help personalize content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
      By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.