model cars

-

moparmat2000

Reaction score
hi Y'all

i was following the model car thread, and found it quite entertaining. i decided to go and buy another model car to build this weekend. i had not messed with this stuff in years. since i was 17 to be exact. i thought it would give me some sense of satisfaction to build a revell 66 shelby GT 350 H model. the plastic they use these days isnt as rigid or strong as it used to be or as i remember it to be. nor did i really get any satisfaction out of it like i thought i would. this is probably a past time that is well past for me. at 44 years old my hands arent as steady as they used to be, the paint doesnt look as good as the ones i used to build, my eyesight isnt as good as it used to be, and it was too much like work and not enough like satisfaction for me. i have many other things that require my time these days.

as such i am going to go thru all of my models that i had as a kid, and offer up the unbuilt, and half built kits for sale. i will display my finished kits in a display case i plan on building along with my diecast collection. i have many unbuilt monogram and revell mopar kits, some amt and mpc, plus other types of vehicles and a johan cadillac hearse half built. all are 1/24 th 1/25th scale kits. i think i have a few vintage plastic aircraft models in there as well. a north american P-51D model mustang, and possibly a piper J-3 cub.

prices have certainly gone up on model kits and paints since i was a kid. i think $20 to $24 for a 1/24th scale plastic model kit is highway robbery these days, as well as $6 for a tiny can of testors spray paint.

i will stick with the slot cars, at HO scale they are tiny, but the bodies come prepainted and they are a crapload of fun.

anybody interested in purchasing these kits from me. PM me if interested. when i get time i will send you a complete list of the kits i have, and weather or not they are unbuilt or partially built.

thanks
matt

If you can send me a list of what you would like to sell and prices i may be interested in a couple.
Pics. would be great to! Thanks

i should have been more accurate in my post. i want to sell the whole lot as one sale. theres 2 guys who PMed me already, i am offering them to the first guy who PMed me as is fair. if it all falls thru with either of them i may sell em seperately just prefer to deal with shipping one big box one place

heres list tho

i will try to make the list as accurate as i can

i will list the unbuilt in cellophane kits first, then the unbuilt opened kits, followed by partially built kits. all cars are 1/24th 1/25th except as noted. the ed roth mysterion in the tin box unopened in cellophane i would like to negotiate as its own seperate price, other than that i would like to sell everything as a complete lot just to move it out of my house. make me a reasdonable offer on the lot, and a seperate offer on the ed roth unopened kit.

thanks
matt

unbuilt in cellophane

Revell Ed Roth commorative tin box mysterion (seperate offer)

Monogram 71 hemicuda
Revell 67 GTX
AMT 70 superbee
AMT 69 GTX

unbuilt unwrapped in boxes, or in big ziplock bags

Monogram P-51D mustang 1/48
Tamiya P-51D mustang 1/72
Revell cessna 180 unsure of scale
Monogram 70 challenger T/A
Monogram 1970 superbird
Monogram 71 satellite
Monogram buick GN
Monogram 69 charger R/T 1/32
Revell 65 corvette
Revell 58 corvette
AMT 53 studebaker starliner coupe
AMT 70 super bee pro street
AMT viper V10
AMT 69 GTX convertible

partially built kits

Monogram 69 corvette 427
Monogram paddy wagon show car
Monogram ultimates 289 cobra 1/43 missing some parts
Revell 06 mustang GT
Revell ed roth mysterion
Revell beatnik bandit
Revell 66 shelby gt 350 H
Johan cadillac ambulance
Johan chrysler turbine car
AMT 69 chevelle SS 396
AMT thunderbolt ll monster truck (71 blazer body)
MPC daytona shelby (if i can find it)

built kits

AMT charger 500
AMT 66 charger
MPC daytona shelby

misc parts

-
Back