Modern Charger Scat Pack Strip Times

-
That statement completely sums up why I do not like newer EFI cars.

There's a major fwy on-ramp not far from my house... there's times it sounds like Test n Tune out there.. I can tell when it's a Hemi, Phord mustang, and most of the time the camaro's.
They are distinctive, in there own right.
Kinda like how the 383's and 440's have a sound of their own right out of the collector. They had that glorious Crack!, that let you know there was a wedge in the waterbox :)
God, I miss those days...

There's a major fwy on-ramp not far from my house... there's times it sounds like Test n Tune out there.. I can tell when it's a Hemi, Phord mustang, and most of the time the camaro's.
They are distinctive, in there own right.
Kinda like how the 383's and 440's have a sound of their own right out of the collector. They had that glorious Crack!, that let you know there was a wedge in the waterbox :)
God, I miss those days...

Me too. Times change.

Last time at The Rock I lined up against a few Chargers and left them in my mirrors, then the next few rounds in staging guys waved me on so I ran a solo. Either some didn’t want to be smoked by an old heap or they only care to run against similar. Might be a little of both
This is the best post on this thread! The challengers and the chargers running scared from the A100... LOL!!!...:thumbsup:..

Only good run I have on video here, but best(s) to date were few 11.81@112 +/- last November but haven’t been to track since.

How does it hook on the street? CalTracs? Mount a GoPro and go hit some stoplights. You'll be socially distant :) (that'd be a hoot ! )

How does it hook on the street? CalTracs? Mount a GoPro and go hit some stoplights. You'll be socially distant :) (that'd be a hoot ! )
At the track it dead hooks, street blows them out, I don’t launch from a stop anymore as there’s no point to it. Old school leaf sprung with pinion snubber and Monroe-matics. No trick stuff, changed geometry other than pinion angle corrected. Does what it does with factory suspension, the way I want it for now. Here’s a video of how it launches:

-
Back