Modern Drivetrain Swap

-
No experience with a full swap. Mopar5150 on Lxforums did a full chassis swap. Look him up.

Hemi FTW. I've done a few and like them with the $1300 EFI source computer and harness. 6 wire hookup. Doesn't get any easier than that.

There is no good reason to put an LS in a Mopar. But let's not start that again in this man's thread.

Well, it doesn't pay to be brand loyal; besides the warm fuzzies, it ain't like Fiat is going to fund your swap.

IMO, if you want to put an LS into your classic Mopar, that's your business. Do what you want with your car.
However, IMO, you lose your Mopar Man credential. You just can't say you're a Mopar guy or gal if your Dart, Challenger, RoadRunner or what ever, has a non Mopar engine in it.
Sure an LS swap may be cheaper at the very simplest level, but if you are all about cheap and easy etc, you should just hit the easy button and build a Chevy.

Furthermore, this is, infact, the New Hemi Swap section of the forum. If you want to argue the merits of a gm engine swap in a Mopar, do it in the general discussion section.

LOL, are you still in high school?

Well, it doesn't pay to be brand loyal; besides the warm fuzzies, it ain't like Fiat is going to fund your swap.

Poison-

When I said 'there is no good reason to put an LS in a mopar', I meant there is no logical or cost effective reason why you should. The statement wasn't made due to brand loyalty.

Now that you've brought it up, I guess it does pay to be brand loyal- the Hemi swap is (arguably) cheaper with better resale value.

Well Rusty, the "Canadian friend" in me says sorry if I misread your intention. By the time I made that particular post there had been quite a few responses and it seemed like (obviously, incorrectly) like you had jumped in with the LS comment and jumped out just as quickly. I also, likely mistakenly, assumed that you had read the other threads here on the LS vs Hemi comparisons, which had already fairly adequately debunked the myth, thereby adding to my impression.

One point I think Uhcoog1 missed out on is in a performance build, there's a decent chunk of change to be spent porting the LS heads to get the flow numbers that the Hemi heads flow OOTB...

Again, didn't mean to ruffle your feathers apparently any more than you were trying to ruffle mine...

Post away!

I think there is also a prestige that comes with being able to say its a Mopar and its got a HEMI !

-
Back