Modern or Gen 3 Hemi in a 62 Dart?

-

JeffreysDart

Reaction score
Has anyone put a modern day hemi/ gen 3 hemi in a 62 dart without hacking out the stock engine bay. i assume the trans tunnel may need some cuts for an automatic overdrive transmission. I'm interested in doing an old school meets modern project. Old body / modern guts.

Has anyone put a modern day hemi/ gen 3 hemi in a 62 dart without hacking out the stock engine bay. i assume the trans tunnel may need some cuts for an automatic overdrive transmission. I'm interested in doing an old school meets modern project. Old body / modern guts.
There is a multitude of modern “swap” threads on here. Hit the forums tab and scroll down And you will find them. Many of them have some great ideas and most all of the guys show their mistakes and solutions. I strongly advise you to read several of them you will save yourself a zillion hours and a lot of money. Watch the guy that put the 6.1 in the 72 Demon he is super sketchy!

Well, '62s are B bodies, so there shouldn't be any hacking involved in the engine bay- if the Max Wedge fit, the Gen 3 should, too. The trans crossmember/tunnel will still require some surgery, though.
Scan through some FBBO threads on the subject.
Search results for query: '62

Well, '62s are B bodies, so there shouldn't be any hacking involved in the engine bay- if the Max Wedge fit, the Gen 3 should, too. The trans crossmember/tunnel will still require some surgery, though.
thanks for correcting me ... i had a 69 Dart so my brain was throwing A body at me.

62 Dart B body engine mounts were different from the 63-65 K frames. Some guys use the 66-72 K frames that set the engine back 1 1/2''. A weight distribution benefit.
I do know TTI makes engine mount kits along with their headers to put the Gen/3 in B bodies.You may want to look over their web site for more information.

You might also ping @HemiDenny on front end swap components. He is on this Forum regularly and has Designed and fabricates his own K members for swaps. He is a vendor on here and is one of the good ones. I have done my absolute best to tear his stuff up at the track to no avail! Hah!

-
Back