modern truck bench in my 75?

-

the_fatman

Reaction score
Has anyone put a modern bench in their ride rather than reapolster the factory bench? I like the bench but feel it lacks in the comfort area. Just thought it would be nice to have a consol and cup holders and still have the bench if needed.

I have a 79 Warlock with front buckets out of a Chrysler Sebring conv and the center out of a 98 Ram.I used the seat frame from the warlock bucket seats.

basically i wanna pull a front bench out of a dakota or ram and put it in my car.

I thought about doing this same thing as well. I like the modern bench seat. I just never tried to put it in the car. I'm sure a little fab work would be in order for the tracks.

Tonight I did some measurements on my 92 dodge dakota and the seat tracks from mounting hole to mounting hole are roughly 46 3/4 inches. the outside provisions for the bench seat in my duster are roughly 47. I t was a crude measurement but they are within an inch of each other. The only problem I see is having to make brackets for the middle seat brackets as it is a split bench seat. So each side slides independent of the other.

-
Back