(Modern) wiperblades that still work at 70+mph

-

BigBlockMopar

BigBlockMember
Reaction score
Anyone running modern style wiperblades or wipers that still work on the highway in the rain?
If you're running modern blades, what adapter did you use?

I run the Rain X brand that the entire blade assembly snaps right on to the original arms, and they work as well as any wipers I have ever had on any car.
Also due to the freeway speed limits around here I have driven in the rain at well over 80 for hours at a time without any issues with the blades at all.

Don't have a number on them because I just walk in and pick them out.

I can also tell you that so far the Rain X wipers have lasted more than twice as long as any others I have used without needing replaced.
Arizona is hell on wiper blades.

Thanks, I'll look into them.
The only ones I found online with a quick search are 16" ones.
Need 15" or 14".

Are they not working because they are lifting off the windshield? I know some of the formula S A-body barracudas had some "spoilers" on them to help hold them on the windshield.

Thanks, I'll look into them.
The only ones I found online with a quick search are 16" ones.
Need 15" or 14".

The Rain X Latitude blades come in 14 and 15 also, and have the correct J hook adapter for our wiper arms.

The wipers are lifting indeed.

My Dart doesn't seem to have J-arms. It has what they call bayonet-style arms I believe.
It's a '73. Don't know if these are stock or not.

The wipers are lifting indeed.

My Dart doesn't seem to have J-arms. It has what they call bayonet-style arms I believe.
It's a '73. Don't know if these are stock or not.

Oops you are correct about the J vs straight.
The 73 has straight ends and that is what I have, and what the wipers I got fit.

Sorry about that.
I was thinking of a different car.

One thing I have seen before is the springs in the arm got weak over the years and don't hold the blades down good enough.
I have shortened the spring to solve that, but be prepared for a bit of a battle because those springs are tough little devils. :D
A pair of vise grips and a flat tipped screwdriver is almost a must have to hold bend and tweak those springs.
Basically you just cut off the existing loop on one end and bend the next coil up as the new loop.

-
Back