Momma's 340

-

dtcmmlf

Vini Vidi Vici
Reaction score
Hope these pics are in the right area. If not, admin spank me and set me straight.

Momma's has a 73 Challenger SB (Mine is a 72 with a 440) re-doing this 340 for her car. One that is in it now is a 180HP model 340 and its tired!

Did a fit test and measured for hood clearances and just wanted to see it together.
KB pistons, Eagle rods, Lunati roller, Milidon Oil pump, Aluminum rad with 2 10 inch Spal fans.... Chrome pan, chromed fuel pump and have the better Aluminum MOPAR valve covers now. Crank, flexP and dampner are off to R&R for balance and then it goes together for real.
Yep X heads (have 2 sets of X heads. Other set destined for my 69 Dart build) and yep I know modern heads are better breathers but she never drives her Challenger hard and seeing those X heads, well, they B the real McCoy!!! And I have the 6pak air cleaner setup as well, but it covers up those gawjus Holley's!!! Gives me a cramp in my tongue and a stiff neck!!!! :{)
dsc_0064_1.jpg
dsc_0066_1.jpg
dsc_0074_1.jpg
dsc_0076_1.jpg

Hope she never tries to run off because you might not be able to catch her! LOL

I dunno.... She can drive well enough but my 440 has leggs!!!! Hahahaha....
Fair enough but you might want to put in a little bit higher gear ratio in her car just to make sure, not a lot of 440s want a wind 6,000 RPMs for too long. :lol:

So the engine is missing a crankshaft? It what the pictures seem to show.

Looks like momma's gonna be haulin ***.

I know it's just a mockup, but that's niice... (you do know the oil pan is on backward though, right?) :poke:

-
Back