Monroe Sensa-Trac

-

Dustin The PcP

Reaction score
So I bought a set of struts (all four) to go on a 2001 Dodge neon from Just Suspension I opened two when they arrived to check and they were fine. I installed them yesterday except for one. This ones box said made in Argentina, and was different from the others that said made in America. The color was different, the sway bar tab was missing, and the two grounding tabs were bent beyond use, there was paint all on the rod that slides down into the strut itself and has minor scratching, also when you turned the strut you could hear the fluid inside flowing freely and it didn't even say monroe on the strut itself. None of the other struts had any issues and installed and looked fine. I was not about to put this strut on my car, so I called Just Suspension to try and return it, but they gave me hell for trying to do so saying that it was dropped shipped to my house from the factory. And I am still in debates with them over the strut. I also called and ordered one from Orielly's and it to was made in Argentina, had the same issues. They then called other stores and they all had the same issues, and every one that said made in Argentina had a white dot on it. So I am calling around trying to find one that is made in America and not Argentina. I am wondering if it is a "rebuilt" strut or just bad quality control. I will keep you updated on what I find.

Just wanted to let you guys know.

Sounds like a repackaged strut someone returned, I hope they do the right thing and send you a new one.

That's what I thought at first too, but then I checked Orielly's and advance auto parts. Both of which had the same issue. I would rather put my old struts back on then this one. And my old struts don't even pump the rod back out... But you still can't hear the fluid flowing around inside.

-
Back