Monster Mopar at Kil-Kare

-

swifter

Reaction score
So still NO word about this other than on Kil-kare's schedule,Thought i would put this out to see a response--WHO'S GOING???????????

This kinda sucks,I wonder if there will be all local cars there and not a big influx of distant cars traveling there,Kinda got a vibe that this one just may put a dent in Josh's game,I don't care if Indy didn't call him back,If you had a few successful races in Indy and the track and venue are the perfect size why wouldn't you knock down the doors and get answers instead of "oh they didn't call me back"-Very frustrating and I'm nothing but a past participant --Steve

So reading a post at another thread it looks like MMW ONLY has sat. & sun at the track sooooo why would we travel 14 total hours for maybe only 3 runs on sat.SUCKS guess we are out,Was really looking forward to this event--Steve

If I go to Kil Kare, I'm just gonna drive out without the car and be a spectator. The facility looks small and make's me wonder how your going to stuff the show cars,race car's and including any of the car haulers all onto the grounds.

Kil-Kare has plenty of room. It's nice and modern, clean and close to restaurants and hotels.
As for Josh, I spoke with him at the Indy swap meet. Told me that Lucas raceway was sold to NHRA. He not only called, he went out there several times, only to be stood up. It seems that NHRA isn't as interested in Mopar as they are Ford and Chey (sound familiar). Add the fact that an older promoter is pulling a dick move and not honoring a no compete agreement and you get just what you have here, dissent.
Xenia Oh is 2 hrs east of Indy on I-70, I travel to Indy every year, you guys can travel to Xenia once.
Let's face it, Indy has been a weather nightmare for the past 3 years anyway. Lets try something different. Maybe we won't have our eazy-ups blown apart or cars pelted with hail. If enough guys have the attitude that Xenia is to far, you just might get more than 3 passes on the track!
I'll be there, I hope more guys come, this is one show I like and hope survives.

Attachments

• Scan0001.jpg
    129.9 KB · Views: 381
I'll be there...hopefully with the dart.
doogivlg, you and I are from Amelia, maybe we could put together a hospitality tent for other members. I know, Xenia isn't exactly next door, but were both going I'm bringing 2 cars so I'll have an extra trunk. As for Kil-Kare, heres a satellite pic, looks just as big as Indy to me.

Attachments

• KilKaresatellite.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 331
Sounds like a plan. I'll try and get ahold of some other mopar guys in cincinnati and see what they think. I know there are mixed feelings between some of the guys running around here so is there anyone in the Amelia area you wouldn't tell? By the way if my dart does come there will be a truck taking it most likely so we could probably load it down. I need to get a truck and trailer of my own still so as long as I can get one for th weekend the darts coming. If not I'll be driving up in my daily driver.

Thanks Gunnbunny-You just lifted me up--So when will you guy's go down??? Thursday or Friday??? Steve

WOW-with that run out on the track why do they have so much 1/8 racing??? looks like plenty of shut down area--Steve

Not sure what the camping is. I will probably leave Friday morning if I can get off work. If not then Friday night.

Kil-Kare has plenty of room. It's nice and modern, clean and close to restaurants and hotels.
As for Josh, I spoke with him at the Indy swap meet. Told me that Lucas raceway was sold to NHRA. He not only called, he went out there several times, only to be stood up. It seems that NHRA isn't as interested in Mopar as they are Ford and Chey (sound familiar). Add the fact that an older promoter is pulling a dick move and not honoring a no compete agreement and you get just what you have here, dissent.
Xenia Oh is 2 hrs east of Indy on I-70, I travel to Indy every year, you guys can travel to Xenia once.
Let's face it, Indy has been a weather nightmare for the past 3 years anyway. Lets try something different. Maybe we won't have our eazy-ups blown apart or cars pelted with hail. If enough guys have the attitude that Xenia is to far, you just might get more than 3 passes on the track!
I'll be there, I hope more guys come, this is one show I like and hope survives.

Just FYI, Lucas Oil Raceway (formerly ORP, and formerly IRP) has been owned by the NHRA for a long as I can remember (a looooong time). It is one of the few NHRA owned tracks.

I will not travel to another one of Josh's events without EVERYTHING spelled out, plain as day (race rules, payouts, what happens if/when we get rained out, etc).....but that's just me. Josh seems nice, and I like what he tries to do for Mopars, but a good promoter/organizer/communicator he is not. He really should farm those duties out to someone else....not bashing, just my opinion.

I know Josh is doing test and tunes on thursday, he's said he was trying to get in a Gamblers race for Friday. Also you don't need a oil containment device at Kil-Kare.
As for camping, John Bryan State Park is close. Ohio has damn nice state parks if you have never been. I know camping isn't expensive at the parks. I would reserve now, word isn't out that we're coming yet. I know it's not car related, but if you can get extra time and your coming anyway, go to the Air Force Museum at Wright Patterson Air Force Base. It's completely free and it's without a doubt worth the trip. It's also close to Xenia. You won't regret it!
The whole Xenia, Springfield area is upper/middle class. It's very clean, no real crime to speak of. Dave Chapelle lives close in Yellow Springs, never know, maybe he might show up:supz:. It's one of those places that the wife will want to visit. Lot's of bike trails ect. Especially Yellow Springs which is very close too.
doogievlg, there's no one I would exclude, more the merrier. I run the parts room at Joe Kidd, stop by and say hey.

Ok I'll talk to the eastgate graphics crew. I live up in Fairfield now but my dart stays at my parents house in Batavia. When I get my motor back in ill swing by.

I don't know Josh, we do have a few mutual friends and he seems like a nice guy so I don't want anyone to think I'm bashing him or anything, but MMW has been in St. Louis since it started in 1984 when it was a one day event called Monster Mopar Sunday. The way a lot of guys see it is Josh moved MMW to Indy and abandoned the town that supported the show for 25+ years and made it what it was. This got a lot of people frustrated and after so many people complained about not having a Mopar show anymore, Scott (the original owner of Monster Mopar) stepped up and made a deal with the owners of Gateway to have a Mopar show again. The way I see it is Josh could have worked out a deal with Gateway and kept MMW in St. Louis but he didn't.

Waaa Waaaa go or don't, I'll be there.
I didn't cry when it was in St Louis or Indy.
KilKare is plenty big, got a good track.
My brother has a campground 30miles north
of there, he would be tickled to serve you.
There are SEVERAL state parks, campgrounds, lakes,
hundreds of hotels and motels in the area.

http://www.rittenhouseresort.net/

http://kilkare.com/

Just FYI, Lucas Oil Raceway (formerly ORP, and formerly IRP) has been owned by the NHRA for a long as I can remember (a looooong time). It is one of the few NHRA owned tracks.

I will not travel to another one of Josh's events without EVERYTHING spelled out, plain as day (race rules, payouts, what happens if/when we get rained out, etc).....but that's just me. Josh seems nice, and I like what he tries to do for Mopars, but a good promoter/organizer/communicator he is not. He really should farm those duties out to someone else....not bashing, just my opinion.

Amen, to many things change after the fact.

No need for that Longarm,No one is being disrespectful to you so why would you respond like that??? no one is crying just explaining how all this came about-Thanks Steve

Very good point Flyfish,seems things are always up in the air till race day,certainly a up date to the MMW site should have happened already in MY opinion. No reason why it all can't be spelled out in black and white this will be what his 4th or 5th event--Steve

-
Back