Monster Mopar Weekend Indy Who is going

-
well we head out at 7am in the morning--See you all down the road!!!!!! Just look for the 6'5 280lb goofy looking guy and say are you swifter???????????? LOL--Hey I got good news I get to bring my son this year!!!!!! We haven't connected in a while so all is great!!!!!!!!!!! What a way to do some bonding Looking at Mopar's and watching them go down the track!!!!!!!!!!!--Steve

Ditto Keagan--I will not go back to the nat's again after the show Josh put on last year.Plus it's not 120 degree's and 150% humidity,The cars will be stupid fast this weekend!!!!!!! Clean-Cool Air= Horse power

I just hope the cool air doesn't = lots of people breaking their junk.

Everyone have a safe and enjoyable drive on this day :blob: :sunny:
I was on the road this time last year :glasses7:
First heading to Leanna's and then up to Tony's home :coffee2:
Many memories, M&M's as I call it, so get ready for a great Strongend
Congratulations swifter get ready to have a smile on each day :D:D
Double check your camera's and get ready to make some great M&M's.

Come to MMW this weekend and meet and greet with Fabo kitten in the FABO area.

View attachment Fabo 002a.jpg

View attachment Fabo 006a.jpg

Her eyes are squinty because of the flash...

I have already contacted Tony and "C", and they are ok with me bringing Fabo to the FABO tent and letting her meet the FABO members who supported her.

I'm looking forward to meeting and hanging out with FABO members. See you there.

CudaKel and I will be there all 3 days. Leaving early tomorrow morning...I met Josh in Vegas this year..Pretty cool cat...
Let the fun begin...We are bringing both cars...

I'm planning on driving up early saturday morning for just one day. Will probably be by myself. First time for me. Not planning on bringing car for just one day. Going to check it out this first time so i'll know whether to come back next year with the duster or not. Little to far to drive it up with 3.91 gears. Mapquest says 3 1/2 hours running the limits.

Well I made the 11 hour or so drive out here and now relaxing in my motel. Now I can't wait till tomorrow.

Leaving at 4am should be in Indy at about 9am with the time change, look foreward to putting some faces with names! Safe trip all!

Raining here now. Looks like the forecast went downhill a touch. We did get about 3/4 of the way through the first round of time trials.

Hopefully it subsides soon.

Right now at 7:30pm at the motel I am staying ,it's storming like heck with hail. I am glad I loaded my car up in the trailer for the night instead of leaving it on the show field.

Had a great time. The wifes car wasn't running worth a crap but she still raced and hit the auto cross. I rode through all the areas looking for a FABO tent or at least a cat in a carrier hoping to meet some members but no such luck.
I can post some pics once I find where my camera is.

I liked the show cars, vendors, and swap meet area. I also liked watching a little racing....but I will NOT be racing my car at another MMW event. Too many cars, too many race classes, and too many people breaking their junk.

Friday, got there @ 9am ish, got 1 shot at the tree in the 8 hours I was there. Weather was part of the problem, stupid people with more money than brains was the other part of the problem....aka, the guy that did the massive wheelie, hit the brake, bashed the car into the ground HARD, huge cloud of smoke, got the car sideways...and then decided to drive his broken car ALL THE WAY DOWN THE TRACK. There was oil from the starting line all the way to the time slip booth. Over a 2.5 hour clean up. This same idiot (more money than brains) "fixed" his junk and oiled down the track AGAIN later that weekend!!!:violent1:

Saturday, got there 9am, got 1 time shot at 2pm, won the 1st round of the no box race about 4 hours later, and the race was canceled at about 10pm (13 hours wait time for 2 runs). One of my friends left the race early, having also won the 1st round of no box because he knew there was no way they could run all those cars in the time allotted (he was smart).

Sunday, got there at 9am, got 1 time shot at 1pm and over 4 hours later lost in the 1st round. This was the first (and probably the only) time I was happy about losing in the first round, because I could go home and didn't feel bad for leaving a race that I was still in....they should have gone straight into eliminations on Sunday with no time runs (having seen how LONG it took to get 2 runs in the day before).

The only redeeming factor was that you could stroll around the pits and see lots of cool Mopars. I will probably go to MMW again, but only as a spectator.

I will agree the guy was a MORAN wetting the whole track but complaining there were to many cays ?? What did you expect you would be the only one running ? Thats ridiculous . With all the bad weather Saturday what did you expect no back up ? I have been racing for 35 years and there has been breakage at most events and delays that is to be expected . Maybe your just better off keeping your car on the street and going to boring cruise nights and sitting there with all those egos !! I don't mean to be an *** but thats the reason I will never go back to cruise nights and car shows I did that for about 5 years on and off never again . The majority Drag Racers are straight up shooters and they know what hey are doing they are not stupid like you suggest . You will all ways find incidents and foolish people every where you go . Thanks Josh for a great weekend !!!

I liked the show cars, vendors, and swap meet area. I also liked watching a little racing....but I will NOT be racing my car at another MMW event. Too many cars, too many race classes, and too many people breaking their junk.

Friday, got there @ 9am ish, got 1 shot at the tree in the 8 hours I was there. Weather was part of the problem, stupid people with more money than brains was the other part of the problem....aka, the guy that did the massive wheelie, hit the brake, bashed the car into the ground HARD, huge cloud of smoke, got the car sideways...and then decided to drive his broken car ALL THE WAY DOWN THE TRACK. There was oil from the starting line all the way to the time slip booth. Over a 2.5 hour clean up. This same idiot (more money than brains) "fixed" his junk and oiled down the track AGAIN later that weekend!!!:violent1:

Saturday, got there 9am, got 1 time shot at 2pm, won the 1st round of the no box race about 4 hours later, and the race was canceled at about 10pm (13 hours wait time for 2 runs). One of my friends left the race early, having also won the 1st round of no box because he knew there was no way they could run all those cars in the time allotted (he was smart).

Sunday, got there at 9am, got 1 time shot at 1pm and over 4 hours later lost in the 1st round. This was the first (and probably the only) time I was happy about losing in the first round, because I could go home and didn't feel bad for leaving a race that I was still in....they should have gone straight into eliminations on Sunday with no time runs (having seen how LONG it took to get 2 runs in the day before).

The only redeeming factor was that you could stroll around the pits and see lots of cool Mopars. I will probably go to MMW again, but only as a spectator.

I will agree the guy was a MORAN wetting the whole track but complaining there were to many cays ?? What did you expect you would be the only one running ? Thats ridiculous . With all the bad weather Saturday what did you expect no back up ? I have been racing for 35 years and there has been breakage at most events and delays that is to be expected . Maybe your just better off keeping your car on the street and going to boring cruise nights and sitting there with all those egos !! I don't mean to be an *** but thats the reason I will never go back to cruise nights and car shows I did that for about 5 years on and off never again . The majority Drag Racers are straight up shooters and they know what hey are doing they are not stupid like you suggest . You will all ways find incidents and foolish people every where you go . Thanks Josh for a great weekend !!!

Couple things: I didn't say or imply that ALL drag racers are stupid, I said that the 1 guy (racer 426H, aka the more money than brains guy) is an idiot for doing what he did.

Saturday, the weather was cold, but good....so I don't know what you are talking about there.

Lastly, You have made some assumptions about me and my car that are completely wrong. This is my home track, and I race here in the Pro ET class ALL summer long. When I'm not racing at Lucas Oil, I'm racing at Muncie, Edge water, Brown County, ....any one of the 13 tracks with in a 2 hour drive of my house. My car is a race car that is street legal, not a street car that races 2-3 times a year. I knew there would be LOTS of car because I was there last year at MMW when it got rained out (and got paid 120$ for winning 1 round of 11.0 index before it was canceled)....and I KNOW that there would be cars breaking, it happens. There was an exuberant amount of breakage this weekend, and I thought that things could have been done to help move the race along (like cutting out the time runs Sunday)...this is my opinion. Any racer that knows there car can dial it to the weather conditions without a time run...again, just my opinion as a RACER. By the way, I had set my car up to run the 11.0 index again in case they ran it (which they didn't because we could not get enough cars together)....my "street car" ran 11.000 and 10.999 in back to back runs....but what do I know about racing:tard:

I like what Josh has done, and is trying to do...I just think there is too much stuff crammed into too small of a time slot.

I guess the time in the staging lanes were a bit long but BSing with other drivers made it seem really quick. A lot of great people to shoot the **** with. My biggest ***** about the whole thing was how my *** felt after the 5 hour drive in my Expy. Ford truck seats really suck. I look forward to next year at Norwalk.

I won't be there but I will have a trailer full of pieces and parts there. Any thing from a standard bore 70 340 block to center line wheels to chrome to valve covers just talk to John he will be there from Florida

Just FYI, this thread is from last years Monster Mopar....might want to start a Monster Mopar 2013 one.

-
Back