Monster Mopar Weekend (Norwalk) vs The Nats (National Trail)

-

71duster06

Reaction score
I have been to the mopar nationals at National Trail twice now the 2nd time being much better. Now i see the Monster Mopar weekend along with the 2 state cruise. Any thoughts or opinions comparing these 2 events? I might register for this one especially because of the cruise.

Norwalk is a much nicer venue than National Trail. Monster Mopar (formerly Mo-Power and Chrysler Classis) is geared more for the racers. If you race, or like watching them, it's a good place to go. Especially the Nostalgia Super Stock (N/SS) cars. They turn out in big numbers, usually at least 40. The show field is way smaller and the swap meet is maybe 10-20% of the Nats. Overall It does not compare to the Nats in shear volume. And I ALWAYS get a pound of ice cream for a buck. It's like buying a hot dog and beer at a ballgame, gotta do it. I've been going to the Nats since 83 and the Chrysler Classics since its inception. But don't listen to me, you need to go and make your own judgement. As I said before, it's the last Mopar event of the season for me so I soak it in
My favorite part of going to Norwalk is just driving my ol' piece of junk on the country roads that take me there in the early autumn weather even if it is only an hour away. Best time was about 2 years ago when we caravanned about 10 various Mopars, 2 Superbirds, 66 Chrysler, 69GTX, 73 Road Runner, 73 cuda, 68 and 69 cudas, etc. If you have a chance to caravan with other Mopes, DO IT!

I cant wait for MMW in Norwalk!!! I look forward to it all year! I just booked to hotel room today.

If your a fan of the racing part of it you cannot beat this event. Also its not held in the depths of hell were you sweat your bag off all weekend.

We're going to run two classes this year I think Dad will run Pro while I run sportsman. Since the bump for sportsman is 11 seconds it should be fun. Dad will run a high 10 pass while my fat *** runs right on the bump. The classes are so huge that its still a long time between classes. Can't wait, I haven't been able to afford to race all year...

We will be looking for you Darcy,wish all a safe trip.love Norwalk! Their staff is 1st class and we always get great deals on slicks and get em mounted up right at the track

-
Back