Monster Mopar Weekend

-

bobtile

Reaction score
Did anyone head out to Norwalk this past weekend?
It's an unbelievable event!
I went out last year to check it out but my car was broke so I was just a spectator.
I brought my car this year and had a blast.
There were about 140 cars in my class alone.
Friday night gamblers race I made it to the quarter finals and just missed out on some money.
Raced until 1:00 am.
Back at the track 8 am Saturday. Made it down to 8 cars and got knocked out.
I did get some money for that. I was eliminated at 2:15 on Sunday morning.
18 hours at the track!
After 3 hours if sleep, back at it Sunday morning at 8.
I couldn't function too well and went red first round.
Lots of great racers and people there. If you've never been to this event, you need to put it on your bucket list.

Screenshot_20180730-224033.jpg

Screenshot_20180730-181802.jpg

I was there on Friday. Lots of fast cars running time trials and gamblers race. Swap meet is not very big on Fridays. I usually go Saturday but could only make time Friday this year.
No car there for me; just a spectator. And I got my one pound of ice cream for a dollar, a Norwalk tradition. Lol.

I was there and raced. We sponsor the 11.5 race.
The racing on Fri night was done about 11, i stood at the starting line until it was over because a good buddy from my local track( yellow 73 Duster) made it to the final where he got beat by the Iron Soldier car.
Sat was late, almost 3 in the morning.
Great weekend, cant wait for next year.

Did anyone head out to Norwalk this past weekend?
It's an unbelievable event!
I went out last year to check it out but my car was broke so I was just a spectator.
I brought my car this year and had a blast.
There were about 140 cars in my class alone.
Friday night gamblers race I made it to the quarter finals and just missed out on some money.
Raced until 1:00 am.
Back at the track 8 am Saturday. Made it down to 8 cars and got knocked out.
I did get some money for that. I was eliminated at 2:15 on Sunday morning.
18 hours at the track!
After 3 hours if sleep, back at it Sunday morning at 8.
I couldn't function too well and went red first round.
Lots of great racers and people there. If you've never been to this event, you need to put it on your bucket list.

View attachment 1715205385

View attachment 1715205389

I was there as a spectator Saturday and Sunday. Friends and I go every year. I friend racing(pilgrim) in big dog.
Saturday was an absolute bargain.
$20.00 for the day with a full pro mod class and a live band that was just fantastic for that price.
Weather was great too, no rain and not too hot. One of the better weekends I have been too there.

-
Back