Moog offset uca bushings

-

Dartfreak75

Restore it, Dont part it!
Reaction score
Hey guys as some of you know I'm rebuilding my front suspension and it's been brought to my attention I should use the k7103 offset bushings here is my question for a car that is gonna be used as a weekend warrior less than 5000 miles or so a year is it really necessary? I understand the alignment issue with the caster but is positive caster really all that important for a weekend warrior? I have already purchased my standard bushings. Next question I spend the extra 60 bucks and buy the moogs and use them will my standard cam bolts work or do I have to rebuy them also? I have already bought everthing I need! If I go with the moogs what else am I gonna have to rebuy?

Last edited:
I just finished installing my offset bushings, and PST 1.03 torsion bars. Car handles and feels great except for the looseness in the steering box!

I used my same cam bolts that I had installed with my OEM style bushings.... I never had to change anything else to do the swap.

With the 2 changes I made ( Offset bushings and T-bars) I don't feel like I am white knuckling every curve in the road anymore.

Next step is sway bars for sure.

Rustyswinger...question for you. When you bought your offset bushings, was there one or two per box? I ask because I'm doing my front and only got one per box. Images show 2 per box. Now I have to wait for some more to finish it

Rustyswinger...question for you. When you bought your offset bushings, was there one or two per box? I ask because I'm doing my front and only got one per box. Images show 2 per box. Now I have to wait for some more to finish it
I noticed that on eBay also some say bushing some say bushing kit! The kit has two and there is only like a 6 dollar difference

If you haven't used them yet return them and get the kit! I ordered all my stuff from rock auto I have to re order my strut rod bushings they sent me the wrong ones I guess i will go ahead and get the offset bushings as well

There were 2 bushings in each box. needed 2 boxes or 4 bushings total.

I bought mine from rock auto

Are you talking about the coupler that connects to the gear itself?

Kind of. The body of the connector connects to the gearbox on the splined shaft and is held in place with a roll pin. That isn't what usually has the play. The steering column has two shoes and a spring that mate into that coupler body. If those shoes are facing the wrong way it will cause major play. If they are worn, or sloppy on the pin, they can cause a lessor amount of play.

I will have to look into that I had to replace my steering gear I removed the old one but the new one hasn't got here yet. I just removed the pin from the coupler with the splines in it. My coupler slides back and forth on the shaft is that normal?

From what I have read, they are typically packed with heavy grease in there, so it shouldn't slide easily. If it slides easily, and has some rotational play, I would plan to go through it or you really notice it when you put it all back together.

I should use the k7103 offset bushings, here is my question for a car that is gonna be used as a weekend warrior less than 5000 miles or so a year is it really necessary? I understand the alignment issue with the camber but is positive camber really all that important for a weekend warrior?

Yes, I would consider it necessary. And the problem isn't typically camber, its positive caster your looking for. Helps the car track straight down the road, and it helps the steering wheel return to center after a turn. And you shouldn't have to rebuy anything else.

-
Back