Mopar 9 1/4" rearend

-

Bad_Trip

HemiB-Body_Build
Reaction score
Have a 9 1/4" 3.55 Posi unit I recently picked up. Has anyone had any experiences with these rearends in the Dart? By that I mean, once the unit is cut down to fit the car, what options might I have for disk brakes? I've not seen anyone offering conversions, so any links or suggestions would be very welcome on my end. Thanks in advance.

Bob

I'm also interested in this swap- I have one out of a New Yorker (only a little wider!) also sure-grip, but higher gears. I want to do cut it down for my dart but I think it might end up being more expensive than buying everything for an 8 3/4 (sure grip, axles, and gears)! hopefully some one in here has some ideas

I have the tsm rear disk on my Cuda (8 3/4) and love it. I have heard problems with the calipers with ebrake provisions sticking, I got the non e-brake kind with ss lines and have had no problems so far, they've been on the vert two years now. I'll never do drums again if I can help it.

http://www.tsmmfg.com/2160.htm

-Daty

:toothy5:

Thanks for the info, and the additional link to Summit. I do think the tsm arrangement works best for me, so as soon as I have the rear cut down, and have the axles resplined, will be going this route.

NOW...anyone had any experiences with either a remote booster, or I saw one example of a power booster under the dash. I haven't seen either unit, just pictures, but with nearly 800# of Hemi on that front axle, I think I'd like to get as much help as I can to bring this thing to a halt. Fit would be my main concern, whether or not the under dash booster I saw, would have enough room under the stock appearing dash.

Bob

-
Back