Mopar & A Bodies clean up yesterday!!!

-

clhyer

Reaction score
Yesterday was our local "Battle of Byron" community fun day in the park. Lots of food, games, crafts for sale, live music, etc. and car show under the pecan trees.
Out of approx. 100 cars there were 3 A Bodies and 3 or 4 other Mopars. A '64 Dodge 330 won a "top 10". A '75 Dart Sport Hang 10 won "People's Choice" and a '71 or '72 Demon won "Ladies Choice". I also placed in the top 10! So, out of about 15 awards, Mopar walked away with 4 big ones and each of the 3 A Bodies placed in the money.
As I was walking away with my plaque I heard someone say "Mopars haven't seen this much love since Richard Petty stopped racing them". I had to agree with them.
C

Attachments

• DSC00785.jpg
    132.5 KB · Views: 405
  • DSC00786.JPG
    150.4 KB · Views: 402
Congrats on the award, Very beautiful Duster!

Congrats on your award, you worked long and hard for it. Looks like a beautiful location for the show.

Thanks guys. And David, it was a nice place. Shady and "somewhat cooler" than being on hot asphalt for sure!
C

Congratulations clhyer :cheers: Your Duster represented Mopar very nicely :thumleft:
And I do agree :glasses7: I love the shows on the grass and in the shade
One day soon Victoria will be a show stopper like yours :thumleft:

Hey Cal, great job!!! Sounds like a fabulous show. Do I see one of 'my' metal signs hanging there under the hood? Way to represent the Mopars ... :-D

Thanks again folks.

Leanna, don't know if you seen my other post, but this is how both your signs are displayed:
http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=185409

I would really like to hear that y'all got some business from my display and reference, I give out Scott's and your info to anyone that asks, and that's usually quite a few people.

I don't know why the Duster has gotten so much attention, it may be because of the number of folks who either had one, their parents had one, or a friend had one. Funny thing is, darn near all of them had Duster 340's!!!
C

Very cool Cal! I missed the post about the show I guess -- not much FABO time lately with 16-18 hour days in the shop. Thanks for helping put out the word! :-D I track referrals and don't recall anybody mentioning you personally but I appreciate it anyhow.

Congratulations- my theory on why A-bodies have started getting more attention over the last 10 or so years is that there were hundreds of thousands of them built, they were/are more affordable, people modify them most times w/no worry to 'value'/'collectibility' (some are, and are truly rare- most are not in the same league as an E-body or B-body), and-due to todays cars- aren't seen as huge boats. A lot of muscle cars are very big compared to todays cars (new Challenger noted, that SOB is BIGGER than the old one). It's an opinion, but I base it on the fact I've owned B and C bodies as well, and at 5'9-ish, those cars make me look like I suffer from the "Little guy, big car" compensator syndrome. A,F,M, J's don't do that

V-100, valid comments regarding the attention from buyers today. I was speaking more from the standpoint of spectators at the car show. Maybe it's burnout with Mustangs, Camaros & Chevelles; maybe it's because there were so many made that a whole lot of folks remember one being owned by a family member. All I know is that it has sure attracted a lot of attention at the last couple of shows, and the last show in particular.

It's all good, and it's really a blast to drive.
C

Nice duster, any car show in the shade is a plus over hot pavement.

-
Back