Mopar a body wrecking yard

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
don't know anything about them - but they are said to have over 3,000 cars, and are in Texas, saw ad in Hemmings Motor News. probably are a generalist yard, though, and not exclusively mopar.

anybody have a mopar wrecking yard in Texas/ Oklahoma
i am located Between DFW and OKC near Wichita Falls TX looking for 1968 barracuda parts.

There is no big yards that have much in the way of old Mopars in Oklahoma that I am aware of. About 2009 the last two big yards crushed out and shut the doors.

Amarillo has a yard, Cherry Auto, that has a dozen or so a-bodies. The last barracuda got crushed a couple of months back so if you are looking for specific barracuda parts, none here.
Rod

don't know anything about them - but they are said to have over 3,000 cars, and are in Texas, saw ad in Hemmings Motor News. probably are a generalist yard, though, and not exclusively mopar.

Good luck buying anything at an even close to reasonable price. I went out there when I first moved to Fort Worth in 2004. I asked about a hood for a 71 Dart. They wanted $500 for one. They had a grille hanging in the office for a 71 Satellite so I asked about it. They wanted $350 for the center section and $150 for each headlight bezel. There is a reason all those cars and parts are still there.

I was told by a local guy that they mainly prefer to work with insurance companies because they can get whatever price they want from them.

I haven't had a chance to check these yet, but i have been told they all specialize in Mopar, but we all know how hand me down info is.

Buds auto salvage, aline oklahoma. 1 800 375 buds

108 salvage. 4400 n. rose rd stillwater oklahoma. 405 372 0702

Ramon's Mopar Cars & Parts, LLC(580) 276-9958
12828 S. State Hwy 76, Burneyville, OK 73430

I haven't had a chance to check these yet, but i have been told they all specialize in Mopar, but we all know how hand me down info is.

Buds auto salvage, aline oklahoma. 1 800 375 buds

108 salvage. 4400 n. rose rd stillwater oklahoma. 405 372 0702

Ramon's Mopar Cars & Parts, LLC(580) 276-9958
12828 S. State Hwy 76, Burneyville, OK 73430

Bud's does have a lot of Mopars but no 67 - 69 Barracudas. Mostly B bodies, C bodies, a few Darts, trucks and some early As.

Don't waste your time with 108 for parts because they will only sell a complete car if they happen to have one. 99.9% of their inventory is 1990 and newer. Their actual address is 4410 N. Rose Road and the toll free number is 800-375-0108. If you do call, ask for Billy because he knows what is in the yard and is the son of the owner. Call only if you are looking for a complete car. I used to work there and we had less than 20 antique cars total of all the manufacturers combined and they had been there for years. The owner, Howard is a very good friend of mine.

http://www.108salvage.com/

If you come accross information on Hauf's Auto Salvage in Stillwater or Hudson's Auto Salvage in Harrah, they have both crushed out and shut down. The cars and parts that were crushed in those two yards would make you cry.

Hudson passed away and his NEW wife saw $$$$ signs even though Lisa had been running the yard for many years. There was somewhere around 1200 to 1500 cars there and many went back in to the 1930s. I would guess the 70% were 1980 and older.

Gene Hauf is also good friend of mine. He wanted to retire so the price of scrap and the amount of cars that was there set him up. There was about 3000 cars there with 98% being 1978 and older.

Fairview Auto Salvage may be another yard you come up with. The owner died and his son Troy took over the yard but had no knowledge or interest in the old cars since he was born in 1969. He left them out back for 5 or 6 years and would let a few people he didn't know back there but otherwise he had to know you.Troy is a great guy but ended up crushing all of the vintage cars because he was in to late model cars. He is a big in the late model vehicles and has really grown the business.

Just in case you can't tell, I live in Stillwater and have since since 1982.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back