Mopar Cop Cars ..New or Old ..Let's see um

-

1970duster440

Senior Citizen Member
Reaction score
Here's a start. Flagged him down just to get a picture. Cherokee, N.C.

DSC01040.JPG

Does the one in my signature count?
1970 Cuda(LAWFISH) Drag car, VFN fiberglass front clip, 500 stroker, in the process of being built, motor is done. car is basically done.

Dave

Here you go, from Macon, Ga. at a recent car show. I had to take this pic due to the cool tag no. on it. If the thread is still active this weekend, I will photo my parts car...
C

June 2008 004.jpg

Here's a start. Flagged him down just to get a picture. Cherokee, N.C.

Well :-klooks like 1970duster440 got me :dontknow::glasses2:

God breakfast spot hehe.:salut:

Thanks for sharing :thumleft:

I seriously want one!!

blues_mobile-2.jpg
When I was 17 I worked at a Esso station that had the maintenance contract for the OPP cars(Ontario Provincial Police) and my job was to run these big black and whites back to the station a few miles down the Highway. 17 year old maniac in a 440 cop car. I used to pin the pedal to the floor and hang on, that was fun to put it mildly.:cheers:
PS. the boss never caught me.

Well :-klooks like 1970duster440 got me :dontknow::glasses2:

God breakfast spot hehe.:salut:

Thanks for sharing :thumleft:

Mike,
We were there for 3 days and ate there 6 times. The food is great. The Cop I got to stop for the pic was a Mopar man as well, super nice.

Here's a this Maryland sheriffs car. The present owner bought it from a retired Maryland sheriff and even the uniform and some other items were included too.

IMG_1497.jpg

Thrasher...I gotta ask, would that be a 1974 Monaco...A.K.A. the new 'Bluesmobile'?

Jake: Car's got a lot of pickup.
Elwood: It's got a cop motor, a 440 cubic inch plant, it's got cop tires, cop suspensions, cop shocks. It's a model made before catalytic converters so it'll run good on regular gas. What do you say, is it the new Bluesmobile or what?

Do they give the cruiser chargers the 6.1? Less restrictive exhaust and intake than the civilian version?

When we first got them that was the first thing I did was look under the hood. To my sadness it was the 5.7, with a throaty exhaust. Basically the R/T with strips and lights. But it is not a Ford or those ugly Chebby Caprices.

Don't forget the new Malibu...a front-wheel drive police car. Makes zero sense, unless you're in an area so congested there's no possibility of pursuit at speed, in which case, why's there a need for the car? And I've heard the Malibus got comparable fuel economy to the Crown Vic.

Dang!! I have pics of every cop car my pops ever had. I dont know how to use the stinkin' scanner tho. I'll try to figure it out.. He said his favorite one was his forst cop car he got in 78', a beat to hell 440 monoco!! I'll try to find a pic of one of OHP's chargers. They look sick with the dog dish hub caps on them!!

-
Back