Mopar dealer Tach?

-

IndianaDodge

Reaction score
I had a person tell me the tach on the Steering column is a Dealer Option Mopar Tach. Can anyone confirm this information?

Picture 036.jpg

Picture 042.jpg

Do you mean the tach only or the whole installation? I would doubt that the dealer would use a hose clamp to install a tach. But you never know, back then businesses had a can do attitude unlike today and their can't do attitude.

Chuck

Do you mean the tach only or the whole installation? I would doubt that the dealer would use a hose clamp to install a tach. But you never know, back then businesses had a can do attitude unlike today and their can't do attitude.

Chuck

Just the tach its self! I guy told me that it looked like the same tach Chrysler sold at the dealer. I see no brand name or markings.

The Tach in your car is a RAC Tachometer (Rite Autotronics Corp). They were a company out of California years ago. You see them on the Large Auction site at times. Here is a pic of the same tach in my Dart. I Got a NOS on the auction site years ago, and installed it. I am a believer that any Dealership could install whatever the customer requested, but it was not a factory option or a Mopar Tach. The Mopar, or Direct Connetion tachs look different. Hope this helps.

Copy of Copy (3) of scan0003.jpg

My '65 GoGo had an RAC tach mounted on the dash, and, although I bought the car when it was a year old, it looked like dealer-installed item. I have looked at a bunch of them on ebay but haven't seen one just like it, although some are similar. The range was 8,000rpm, and had a 120 degree sweep. The scale was green, and it was illuminated. To my recollection, it did not have a tell-tale. The mount was the small chrome base mount I have seen on some other RAC tachs. The gauge itself was small, maybe 3 to 2.75". I'd really like to find one for the car I'm building if anyone has seen one like this.

One more thing... The bezel was chrome, but the housing was black crinkle or flat finish, with a small chrome back cup.

-
Back