Mopar "Drag Pak"

-
Very cool and they run good also.
This one was at Mopar day at LVD

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zigtv9pYYUU"]YouTube - Challenger.wmv[/ame]

I think I will do the PDF application and get ready to race :-D
It's things like this that make's me dream 8)
The first and only 500-plus cubic-inch V-10 drag-race package car that I can float a note on :bootysha: NOT!!!
I and anyone I bet here would love a turn-key racing machine I bet.
No mention on the 1/8 or 1/4 mile times it can pull off, but I just seen a 10.18 run in Mopower71 Video !!!!!
How much to own one I wonder in 1011 ?

Thank you for sharing this new news MVRCorp 8)

Take that kid to the potty already!!!

thats sweet!!! viper v10 in a challenger from the factory. i have a feeling these will be worth some big bucks down the line...

I think I will do the PDF application and get ready to race :-D
It's things like this that make's me dream 8)
The first and only 500-plus cubic-inch V-10 drag-race package car that I can float a note on :bootysha: NOT!!!
I and anyone I bet here would love a turn-key racing machine I bet.
No mention on the 1/8 or 1/4 mile times it can pull off, but I just seen a 10.18 run in Mopower71 Video !!!!!
How much to own one I wonder in 1011 ?

Thank you for sharing this new news MVRCorp 8)

They start out at $85,512
http://www.mopar.com/dragpak/pdf/drag_pak_application_form.pdf

Mopar has a lot of catching up to do..Tasca Ford has their '11 drag pac stang' in the 8's already...

Man that was fu**in cool!!!! I want one a 10.19 @130.81 mph cooool!!
Yeah it sounded like a V8.

It sounded like a V8 and it also used 3 gears during the run! That might have been one of the earlier drag cars!

Yep, and just like the last drag pak Challenger, TOTALLY out of reach for the average joe. Nice job Chrysler, I can go racing just like the average guy could in the 60s, if I want to mortgage my @#$%$% house for it. What's it gonna take for them to do a real, stripped down car with a basic drivetrain to go straight to the track? I am usually not this negative about stuff, but it makes since to me that if it doesn't have a/c, pw, pdl, cruise, etc. it should be lighter, and cheaper... is it just me? What am I missing here?

It didn't sound like a v10, it sounded like a v8

it also shifted multiple times in the video and the drag pack list shows it as only having a 2 speed transmission from the factory.

maybe the one in the video is a wannabe?

This is a GREAT car & I'd buy one in an instant if I could, but like someone else said-----10s for 85k? Sorry, Mopar needs to release the "1320 Challenger" and let the "real people" re-make Mopar's rep like they did in the past.
Now that we've had about a 10 months or so to see the new crop of factory racecars it's pretty apparent these are high-dollar cars that almost instantly makes ALL other Stock & S/S cars obsolete. They're incredibly fast, expensive & have more "backdoor" support than anyone is talking about. A friend just finished the chassis work on a CJ Mustang & the owner was telling him all what he could & couldn't do & how the factory is helping him. NHRA needs to resurect the old F/X class for these cars as they are very much like the F/X cars of the 60s--- built allegedly for S/S, too fast for that class & with parts that will NEVER see the street. How is that a production car? Is Mopar going to uild a streetable V-10 Challenger? Don't bet on it! So just where is this new car going to fit? S/G? Brackets? S/ST? While on face value someone may say it's a good S/S prospect, If its running that quick without being dialed in, byt he time the experts get their hands on it, again it'll be in a class by itself. Nope, in the long-run leaving these things in Stock or S/S is a HGE mistake..........

The price doesn't seem that shocking to me. What does a production HP Challenger cost now vs the drag pac, and what did a production HP car cost back in the day cost compared to the race only drag pac car of the day. A simple algebra question, I'm not sure but it's probably about the same ratio. Bottom line back then few of us could afford an upgrade to a hemi (about $600.00) let alone a "strip only" toy.

That's easy! A new street Challenger with a 5.7 Hemi will set you back,if you shop carefully, 32-35k. The old Challenger R/T with a 383 (a base R/T engine) was somewhere in the neighborhood of $3,800. Add a Hemi * related pieces, you'd tack on about $1,500 to the sticker, so a Hemi/spd 70/71 Challenger was about 5k when you're done versus $3,800 for your base piece.
Flashforward to 2010 & your 35k challenger becomes an EIGHTY FIVE THOUSAND DOLLAR car? I don't think so! I'm no math whiz, but that obviously waaaaay out of proportion if you're comparing the 2.
Even the '68 Hemi A-bodies weren't THAT much more than, say, a 340 optioned-out Dart/ 'Cuda.
NOPE, once again Mopar has a great idea & dropped the ball in execution..........

Cool car, but out of reach by most...85k for 10's?? Isn't there people on this site building cars that can go in the 10's for 10k?

Mopar is behind, mopar is lost...They are never coming back, sorry, I'll stick with old iron, and just talk about how mopar "used to be", as we get whooped by everyone else...

Great job, mopar......

-
Back