Mopar gets second in Houston Pinks all out

-

moparandy

Reaction score
Went to the Pinks all out in Houston yesterday and had a great time. The group they picked were all running close to 10.0's. Two mopars made it to the final 16. A 71 Valiant (named Torque Monstr) and a 68 Plymouth Satelite. The Valiant wins second place with the Satelite being disqualified at the starting line during his first pass because of a leak of some sort. My friends Gremlin also made it to the semi final round but is chevy powered. My brother had his 68 Camaro there trying to run in the 10.0 but ran a 9.97 and 9.93 during the two qualifying rounds with his new engine. They came and interviewed him and took lots of pics of his car so we thought he may be in but was a little to fast. It was a beautiful day for racing and lots of fast nice cars. Had a great day. If any of you mopar guys get a chance take your car and go run it, if comes near your town. There was a total 8-10 mopars there.

Cool! I like the new Pinks All Out version a lot better. There is not as much bickering and bitching! Plus they actually race! Not this stupid 2-9 car lead off the line on the regular Pinks. Plus the new show has faster cars and the episode is a full hour long. The only thing about the new show is they don't race for titles.

The Satilite, was it yellow? There is a guy form anotrher board that was going to run in that show, has a yellow RR i think, but it might be a Sat.

They announced it as a satelite although I did not get up close to it to see for sure but it was a light blue color.

I'll watch that one when it's on. The normal show has to
much BS. And with a Duster winning the Hot Rod mag. drag week
Mopars are really shinning bright.

It was a 68 Satellite with a 440, origional 318 car. Didn't see under the hood, but I talked to the guy. I really liked both Gremlin's that were there. Beautiful paint jobs. I talked to both of those guys. It surprised me to hear your buddy say the rear suspension is stock leafs with slapper bars. Makes me wish my Gremlin was done. :sad: Sure did suck that the Scamp didn't win.

Ok, found out he didn't run at that race. I guess he is going to another one. It would be cool to see him ru as I have seen pic of he RR almost standing on it hind end. I believe it is a 69 RR.

I saw them advertise that it is on Wed. eve. at 9pm central time I think. In the previews they showed the Satellite doing massive wheel stands.:headbang:

-
Back