mopar haters

-

Joe334

Reaction score
I bought an 8 3/4 741 rear end and took it to school and was rebuilding it, and i ran across another 8 3/4 but it was a 742, so i decided that i would swap out cases (first 8 3/4 is out of an abody) so i take it apart to and i have 2 seperate containers with the bolts from each rear end. Well this dipshit in the afternoon class (i only go in the mornings) dumped out one of the containers and mixed it both sets of bolts together, and uses my container for something else. Well that pissed me off so i threw all of his crap on the ground. So i come in this morning to finish everything up, and he put jb-weld all over my brake springs and shoes, and dumped tranny fluid on my shoes. Why people would mess with other peoples stuff is beyond me. Do any of you guys have horror stories like this?

In my Senior year in High School Trade Auto Class we had this whiner. He didn't want to get dirty, or do the required stuff to use the equipment. The teacher would lend you the money to rebuild your car out of his own pocket. All that he asked is that you repay him, and he had a contract for this. It involved the parents and the school. His payback for this loan was $1.00 on top of the original loan. Basically teaching young adults to be responsible. So this snot, I'll refer to him from now on as that just to let you know. He got a failing grade on his midterm test, due to the one question which we were told about. We were told that if we got #7 wrong we automatically failed the whole test. He had even gave the answer before handing out the test. Well the snot got it wrong. He went to the school board to get his grade changed. Him being the son of some $$$, the school board became involved in the class, and the teacher could no longer make personal loans to students and such. The teacher was sent thru the wringer. This teacher was a man of Honor in my opinion. This had pissed off the gearheads of the class. So somehow there appeared a few extra nuts and bolts in the boxes from his Turbo swap of his EXP. O and somehow 1gallon of two stroke oil found it's way into his fuel tank. After replacing his turbo it for some reason still smoked. After buying another new turbo and installing it this one was smoked to. Hmm. It sucks that they don't warranty turbo's that aren't installed by the remanufacturer, or shop. Finally on the 4th one he had run out of fuel, and he filled it up enough to thin out the oil mix. I to this day still remember the smile on the teachers face. After graduation I told the teacher what had been done and all he could say besides smiling was thanks. That's was more than enough for me.

I have a few of Auto and Construction class storied but I will keep it small.

Mr. D**K teacher, in auto. I asked my auto teacher if I could tear down a 360 motor in a day after getting it on the engine stand. I knew I had to find long enough bolts that could thread into the block so thats why I said 2 days after I get it on the stand. So with that in mind the teacher says sure you can. I get it loaded off of the truck and lower it to the ground and start trying to find some bolts that I could use. Well no luck in the place we have so the auto teacher was kind enough to go to his shop and get some for me to use. Next day rolls around and he hands me the bolts and I start to put the motor on the stand. Not 2 seconds after I get one cylinder head off, he comes over and says, when you planning to get this **** out of here? I look him straight in the eye and say I said 2 days after I get it on the stand so do you mind? He walked off but sure enough my best friend Will came over and gave me a hand along with a fellow Mopar guy that is 2 years behind my class. We got everything disassembled except the rods from the pistons in 2 hours and got it all loaded back on the truck. I havent step foot out in the shop since.

This is also very messed up but when I was working for my auto teachers brother in law him, his sister, and the construction teacher all decided to come up with this idea that involved me using drugs. So I got "laid off" his sister said but not to my face, and when I found out I well lets say had a few words with her and they almost lost the business due to I wasnt the only student that had this problem. A few weeks after that the auto teacher then decided that he was Mr. Badass and after I asked a 1000s times what was Mr. Keith James phone number so I could talk to him, or Mr. Purdume's, due to them needing to talk to me and I hate having a middle man that just screwed me royally. He just wouldnt give me the number even though I am entitled to call them any time I wish since I was a State Officer for Skills USA and they are my Advisors then, not him. After raising my voice just a tad and even adding a please, he then reached up around the neck of my shirt and twisted it around his hand and said, " Son do we need to go around the corner?" Something about a guy other then my own father saying son to me that way that just ticks me off, you know? I grabbed his hand with mine and squeezed it until he finally gave in and said I aint your son so never call me that again. I reported it to the office cause I wanted the SOB to get fired, he came in and I was sitting there, mother by my side, and the SOB lied through his teeth and said he never said a single bit of that.

Anyone think thats a little messed up?

I have to thank everyone here though, on FABO, if it wasnt for most of you I wouldnt have passed through auto this year since we do nothing but work on the teachers customers cars for free and the police vehicles, so no book work just oil changes and tune ups. Its good to talk about cylinder heads, valves, cams, the science of an engine on here with friends then I go to school and show the fellow students so we can pass together. Thanks guys, the Auto Class of 2007 from Hampshire High salutes you!

Wow those are quite the stories, i can completely relate to the whole kids screwing with your stuff. I brought the dart in one time to my auto class to wash/tire rotate n such, well some kid decides to play with my mirror(drivers outside one) and keeps turning it and he wont stop it finally the teacher sees this and goes off on him, for screwing with peoples ****. I liked that he did that, i still have him well both of them in my class to this day (that was 2 years ago) I'm in engine rebuilding class now, the class was started up this year, and unfortunately there wasn't enough kids for next year (13) which would be prefect so its been canceled, i wont be there no more, but that does suck for the future kids, it also sucks considering the teacher has a lave(spins cranks and such) and some valve/head machines so they are put away for a year. I really enjoy the teacher, even though he is a ford guy :sad1: haha im pretty sure im the ONLY mopar kid in the whole school.....stupid chevy and mustangs

In 1990 I was in high school at Amarillo High. I sold my 71 340 Demon to a that had just got a LARGE settlement. Anyway I took the money that from the Demon and bought a 71 Road Runner and started restoring it. It took about 4 months to get the car done. In the time that it was being restored it was all the talk around the auto mechanics class. So the first day comes that I get to drive the car to school. I decided to pull the car into the auto shop and let a few of my buddies before evryone got to see it. Well before the day was over someone came up to tell me how sorry they were to hear that my freshly done car...........had been KEYED. "What the h*** are you talking about". Well seems about 1/2 the school knew before I did what had happened. A person that I had never talked to, never heard, or ever recall seeing decided that the car deserved to be keyed. I WAS PISSED...but more importantly, why did the guy decide my car??? :( I drive it home after school and my Dad takes the car back to the shop that painted it and they blended it all back and it was good as new again in less than a week!!! Oh well I guess it worked out. I got to take Dads Aspen Stationwagon out for 1 more weekend. :) But that is a whole other topic for a different forum!!! :)

Well here in TEXAS where I am from that would be grounds for a COUNTRY *** WHOOPING! That is one they never forget and always remember that they don't want another one!

This story is on a lighter note. I was in a gunsmithing college in northern California in the early 90's, the gunsmithing intstructor was a great guy, he even had a hell of a sense of humor, we would all at one point have guns completly taken apart on our work benches, he would walk by and throw in an extra part or two, or take one. Bear in mind some guns have over 200 parts, so this could send you for a loop. He was at the recieving end of pranks too, it was a good time.

Being a shop teacher, I cringe at what I hear.

All I will say is that people screwing with other people's stuff is a continual problem no matter how diligent I am.

In good news, I am the only person building a complete car so they don't mess with my stuff, that and I am there all day to watch it.

However, they do mess with each other's projects (wood based) and other small stuff.

The bottom line is respect. If there is no respect, the screwing around continues. I have some storage and am building more to keep others from getting into projects.

Aside from cleaning up the larger issues of decay in our society, locking it up is the best idea I have at least.

I am trying my best to develop the new generation of gearheads. Lots of good young people out there.

ROB

AGREED 1969340DART!!!

I had a girl key the hood of my chevy blazer with the back pocket buttons of her jeans but yet, that too is another story for another forum.

Clint,

Your shop teacher sounds like a serious prick. I hope he wasn't the guy who helped you build your tranny. I'm guessing that it must be a pretty small town you're in. Can I suggest a carrying a mp3 player with record capabilities around? Sounds like this beat off carries some weight in your town and needs to be knocked off his pedestal.

Sorry man. If you work hard and don't screw people over, you should get more respect. Hope things get better and don't let this guy turn you away from mechanics.

Joe

Oh hell no Joe! Mechanics and I are like salt and pepper, best buddys for life haha.

He is a serious prick, but not the guy who helped me rebuild the trans. Pretty small county I live in not just town and he has lived here all his life. I am only in this area for 8 more weeks then I go to NC. But I am never discouraged by people like these, I am more encouraged to have a shop of my own and to strive to be better.

Also, Joe all the money I make from my job and other jobs I do goes straight to the Dart. No mp3 players, sorry.

1969340dart said:
Well here in TEXAS where I am from that would be grounds for a COUNTRY *** WHOOPING! That is one they never forget and always remember that they don't want another one!

First thing I thought as soon as I read this....Either me or him is going to get hurt...Either way him or anyone else would stop and think before they jacked with my stuff...

BoredandStroked said:
Also, Joe all the money I make from my job and other jobs I do goes straight to the Dart. No mp3 players, sorry.

Good man! :thumbup:

Atta boy Doug, spoken like a true Canadian, I can hear Don Cherry, good ole Candian boy that Doug :thumbup: We had some punk teenager breaking into homes up where our cabin is, he got caught, beaten unmercifully and thrown out of town and told never to come back. That kind of frontier justice sits well with me :toothy7:

-
Back