Mopar hubcaps

-

matthon

Reaction score
Could you get these on a 67 Barracuda?
My understanding is that these were dealer installed, but they were not on the fender tag or buildsheet.
Does anyone know when they were first available?

!Bbynto!Bmk~$(KGrHqQH-CoEquwgWE!wBK)pr!0YIw~~_3.jpg

I would agree, but I have not really seen these ever, so I have no idea if they were just a Dodge deal.

These are from a Plymouth databook, and a 68 Barracuda ad, and a 67 Barracuda ad, and a 67 sales brochure. The sales brochure appears to have a Plymouth sign in the center, no?

cbbf_3.jpg

DSC04609.JPG

!Bd,mFl!BGk~$(KGrHqYH-EQErgv!IWRgBK41-pfmjQ~~_12.jpg

!BVuuzQ!Bmk~$(KGrHgoH-D8EjlLl)cYWBKUB+o3(T!~~_3.jpg

!BVuuzQ!Bmk~$(KGrHgoH-D8EjlLl)cYWBKUB+o3(T!~~_3 - Copy.jpg

The ones you show are from a 67 Dart. I have a set just like that for mine. I think the 67 Charger had them as well. Same as Plymouth's but different emblem.

67 Dart and EXPENSIVE. The set currently on EBay are on for over $500.

The ones with the Plymouth emblem in the center are 100% correct for all 1967 Barracuda models, it was an option for all 1967 Plymouth cars.

Bingo! Found them on e-Bay, the seller listed 3 separately, and they all ended at the same time. I lost track of time and missed the end, but I am not sure I could have managed 3 bid wars going at the same time anyway.

!BbuIugg!2k~$(KGrHqQH-CwEqueGMf24BK)So,R!Qg~~_12.jpg

Matt,

If that center is removable, then you could buy mismatches (Dodge/Plymouth) and but a repro set of centers.

I had a set of "stocker" rallye wheels on a Buick I had and found a guy that specializes in just making the centers on wheels/hub caps.

just my .02

Pete

I am using 1970 Cuda Coupe wheel covers on my Valiant. :)

If you can find the ones you like, put them on.

Too many times we worry, about is this correct for the car?

The gas, oil, and air in my tires are not from the factory, LOL.

I put a 4bbl on my engine, and dual exhaust;
and went to 14 inch tires/rims.8)

I agree, but those are the ones I like, and I do not want Dodge hubcaps on my Plymouth- just a personal choice.

I was wondering, since my car has Cragars, would hubcaps fit on them?
They are a little pitted, and one front one is loosing its chrome.

i have a set of plymouth caps on my dart 67. i think they probebly got her on a promotion car.i was looking for a set of dodge mags two the dart that im restoring when i came across these on a swapmeet here in sweden and couldnt resist buying them. :toothy8: they are almost right.The center is not changeble.

20090628093.jpg

Want to swap Plymouth for Dodge?
I'd buy a set to swap, but I am thinking the shipping costs would be crazy!

I`ll think i keep them and thanks for the offer. the shipping cost would be around 150 because they are so hevy.

I recall these on 67 and 68 Mopars (Chebby had something close to it). The black back can be removed and the hub insignia is accessible from the back to change.

As someone else pointed out, these rascals are heavy. One weighs the same as a stack of 4 '66 Dart 14" wheel covers do. If you decide to use them on a DD, make sure they stick to the rim really well. Otherwise, someone may get hurt.

Mopar, Chevy and Ford all had these style caps, although they are more commonly associated with Chevy and Ford and in particular Camaro/Chevelle, Mustangs.

I had a set of mint dodge caps which I bought from USA and on-sold here in
Australia sometime later (after I sold the car I used them on, a 1970 Valiant hardtop).

I really like these caps and I'd eventually like a set for my 68 cuda. But since they werent available any larger than 14 inch for Mopars, I may try to obtain a Ford 15" set - some of which are available without any brand stamping in the centre, so no one would really know.

-
Back