2525 F.M. 565 South
Baytown Texas 77520

M O P A R & A M C
N a t i o n a l E v e n t

SATURDAY: Public Gates Opens 9am

Race/Vendor Gate 7am - Tech 8am

All Mopar Bracket Racing, Quick 16, Super Pro, Pro, Sportsman, Trucks,

Slant Six, Vipers & Mopar Action Street Car Shootout

Racers Note: Quick 16 and Nostalgia Class qualification runs will be on Saturday.

Manufacturers Midway & Swap Meet

All Mopar Car/Truck Show :wav:

All Mopar Car/Truck Show Trophies

Cruise to Kemah Boardwalk

*Charity Giveaway*

Weekend Seminars

Galen Govier - Rick Ehrenberg &

Herb McCandless (Saturday Only)

Registration for the Mopar Lone Star Shootout: (321) 243-5231

Host Hotel La Quinta Baytown East & West (281) 421-5566 or 421-7300

For more information:
Call (321) 243-5231
or
E-Mail [email protected]
Website http://www.moparshootout.com/LoneStarShootout/LSSindex.html

A D&M Promotions, Inc.
Mopar Event

Any of you going to this show/race? Aaron and I are planning to go, weather permitting. Although they have a slant six class scheduled for Saturday, we won't be racing. We're just going to watch and learn. Events are scheduled for both Saturday and Sunday, but we will probably only stay for Saturday's events, including the cruise down to Kemah Boardwalk for the classic car show.

Aaron and I are hoping to meet some of you slant six-driving Texians one of these days, so we're keeping our fingers crossed that the weather stays nice. It's about a five-hour drive for us, so we won't make the trip if it is raining.

Let me know if you're planning to go,
Jerry

I plan on going Saturday. Unfortunately, I will be a spectator as well. Hope to see some old friends out there. Last year I ran into a guy me and my brother used to hang out with. His car was on the front of one of the Mopar mags a couple of years ago. Brown 69 RR convert. with a Hemi and a 5 speed. Sweeeet. :headbang:

If you see Aaron's Dart Sport, stop by and say "Hi".

Spring_lemonade.JPG

Aaron and I took our chances and made the trip Saturday. Well worth it! :D
My brother lives in Spring, on the north edge of Houston, so we trailered Aaron's Dart Sport there the 3 hours from our house on Friday. Saturday morning, we woke up to a light drizzle and a rainy forcast. We drove the 1 hour to Baytown from Spring hoping for it to clear off. When we made the last turn into Houston Raceway Park, it started a steady rain.

We hung around all morning through off-and-on showers, and about mid-day it finally cleared off. The track crew was able to get it dried off, and they finally got in some T&T. Aaron and I got to watch our first drag racing. :shock: We shot videos of several passes and watched the "Buzzin' Half Dozen" post a 10.39 to smoke a guy running a 440-Six pack.

Around 5:30 pm, Aaron and I joined a few others on a cruise down to the Kemah Boardwalk on the bay. He got to park his Dart as part of a classic car display inside the Boardwalk's main entry courtyard. For anyone interested in pictures of the event, the promoter said he will be posting photos on their website and will offer CDs for sale with hundreds of images.

We had a great time and were glad we weatherd the storm for some lasting memories. Here is Aaron and his Dart alongside a Viper with the same paint color he chose for his car.

Dart_Viper_med.JPG

We got a chance to visit with Mr. Jeffrey ("Buzzin' Half Dozen") who came down from Nebraska. The only other slanters we met was a gentleman and his wife who brought an orange Duster, and Bob White was there with his son. We also talked with the guy (name escapes me now) who said he sponsored the slant category, but he was driving something else. We'll probably go back again next year for some more of the same. :D

Jerry

Here is the pic I took of Mike Jeffrey warming up his "Buzzin' Half Duzzin" before taking it around for his first Saturday run (I think a 10.39). Poor guy in a Lil' Red Express got to see nothing but Mike's tail after the first 30 or 40 feet. :shock:

Buzzin_med.JPG

Jerry

-
Back