Mopar Marks thread titled Doors, Doors, Doors, reminded me of a story..

-

1WildRT

Reaction score
Back in the 70's when we were a little younger a few of my buddies & I were known to occasionally indulge in a street race now & then, a few $$ usually changed hands but honestly it was more about bragging rights than money....

My one buddy had a 68 Charger R/T that had never really lived up to it's expectations (440/727/3.23's) & another buddy had a 69 Chevelle SS396 with the 375HP engine... He'd beaten Bill's Charger on many occasions...

Bill wasn't happy, he also wasn't talking about what he was up to... He'd been talking with a few of the local NHRA SS guys & was having an engine built & picked up some 3.91's...

When the big day came Joe knew nothing & figured he was gonna take Bill's money again, He thought wrong, the Chevelle got a half car at the launch like usual & from there in the past I suspect he'd been sandbagging, this time the Charger started coming around him & he gave it all he could... Wasn't enough, Bill's Charger walked away from him....

The following week Joe started getting calls from guys with Chevelle doors... Turns out Bill took out an ad in the Mini Merchant looking for doors for a 69 Chevelle & listed Joe's number...

Blew them suckers clean off.....:rofl::rofl:

-
Back